`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question bout org

question bout org
what is the easist way to mark cards you just put into your org for trade only thing i can think of is make a new folder add them all to that folder then mark them for trade and then put them in the right folder and delete the one you made is there a easier way then this
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

RE: question bout org
I think that's about it. You can "add" cards to a folder without "moving" them. That way you can leave your folders undisturbed and simply have a trade folder that duplicates only the cards you want to trade without disrupting their respective folders.

Personally, I just leave the cards where they're at and mark them for trade. If someone tries to trade with you they'll only see the cards you've marked for trade, no matter what folder they might actually be in. I don't think people just browse each others orgs very often. If it's for your benefit (so you know at a glance what you have for trade), I'd do what you've suggested.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Basically you have it right.

Everything I add to my org goes into my "Recently Added" folder...always...no matter what.

Then I just go to that folder, and mark quantities appropriately (either for trade, or keep for a PC) and then move the cards to the folder I want them to be in.

Similarly when I trade, since everything goes to the recently traded folder, after every trade or group of trades I go in and empty that folder out - trash everything that I've traded away, move the cards I've traded for into an "incoming" folder, etc.

It does take a bit of maintenance to keep your org up to date...no doubt about it.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(08-05-2012, 02:45 PM)rascrush Wrote: what is the easist way to mark cards you just put into your org for trade only thing i can think of is make a new folder add them all to that folder then mark them for trade and then put them in the right folder and delete the one you made is there a easier way then this
You can have 1 or 2 tabs open (both for your org) & say you want to put a 2010 Jeter Bowman Blue in a collection "2010 Bowman Blue" but want to trade then you can refresh the org after its added & mark f/t. Usually i have 2 tabs open anyway when i work on my org or when adding cards.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

I agree with uvaspina and ceocards. Everything I put into my organize goes into a cards working on folder. From there they will get duplicated (if needed for both pc and for trade). After filling in the quantities, I then send them to their respective sub-folders.

Personally, I keep my sets separated from my player pc's and my for trade cards separated from them both. Since I have so many baseball for trade at this time (basketball and football will happen one of these months), I have broken it down by groups of years to make it easier for those who venture into my organize to see what I have without going over the 50 page/100 cards per page limits.
Collecting Doug Waechter (118/149), Jared Sandberg (107/125), 1994-95 BB Michael Jordan (69/89), 1977-1997 Eddie Murray (877/943), and Bo Jackson BB/FB 1986-1995 (447/486), 2007 Fleer Mini Gold (126/370). Only completing trades with something on my lists.

When I trade for a card does it go into my all items folder as well or does it just stay in my recently traded folder.
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

(08-06-2012, 10:59 AM)rascrush Wrote: When I trade for a card does it go into my all items folder as well or does it just stay in my recently traded folder.
It should be in all items as well as recently traded.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

"All Items" is just that - everything that is anywhere in your organize shows up in All Items.

Everything that is is any collection, and everything that is in your organize that hasn't been assigned to a collection. Unfortunately there isn't a quick way to identify the latter yet - hopefully in a future upgrade.

What do you do when you have more than 1 of a card for trade and trade one. How do you get it out of your recently traded when you still have some listed for trade?
[Image: Sig.png]

Here's the process I go through when I make a trade. It should be noted that as a CPA, I tend to have a particularly obsessive/anal personality so some people may not want to go through the entire process...but I'll throw this out there and you can take it or leave it Smile

1. Open Recently traded folder - first step is I send all the cards I traded away that I don't have any more of to trash and then empty trash (these are identified by having "0" for all quantity fields)
2. Go back to Recently Traded and find all the other cards I traded away that I still have one or more of for trade (identified by still having a quantity greater than 0 in the Have and Trade fields). On these cards I delete the system comment about "Traded one of these cards to userx in a trade on X/X/XX" and then click the little "X" next to the "Recently Traded" tag. This removes them from recently added. Since the cards are still in my "for trade" collections, they just go back to that collection.
3. Now all that should be left are the cards I traded for. Since I also have all my wants marked, most of the time these cards are now duplicated in my organize - once in "Recently Traded" and once in my "Wanted" folder. So I have to manually search all collections for each of these cards and trash one or the other. The remaining copy I move to a new folder called "incoming - user X" (user X obviously being the name of the other trader).
4. When I get the cards from User X, I move them out of my incoming folder and into my PC folder.