`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Help me out guys!!!!

Help me out guys!!!!
Hey I am brand new to trading/collecting cards and I was really hoping you could help me out. I am not very familiar with all the terminology so if you could help me out that's great. Also any pointers or tips are appreciated. Thanks for all your help.

RE: Help me out guys!!!!
Welcome... There is a wealth of knowledge on this site, including some really cool collectors... One word of advice??? Collect what YOU LIKE... That's what this hobby is all about anyway... Have fun, and ENJOY it...

Welcome to the hobby, and welcome to the site, what type of information were you looking for? There are plenty of willing and able collectors here to help you.
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

There's a lot of terminology I don't know like holokote. I also dont know which cards are better like I know there is blue and gold and other stuff like that. Any information you can give me would be great.

welcom...collect what u want, either players, teams, autographs, short printed cards...have fun with it. alot of sellers on here looking to help out however i have ran into others do not want to. best of luck

Can you tell me some like definitions

Welcome to the site! Like others have said collect what you like if that's sets, players, teams, autos, rookies, inserts, patches, jerseys, anything as long as it makes you happy and can keep in your budget.

Here are a lot of the more common terminology. If you see some not on the list and aren't sure just ask the person. We were all newbies at one time Smile
Cmb: check my bucket
Nft: not for trade
Ft: for trade
Pc: personal collection
WTB : willing to buy
WTTF: Willing to trade for
VHTG: very hard to get
HTG: hard to get
lmk: let me know
Like I said if you need anymore just ask the person you are trying to deal with or just post here and ask. Many great members here who would help you out without a question
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

welcome! people are pretty helpful as you can see already.
this is a great place...
the one star bandit got you already! you should feel honored Smile
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

(08-08-2012, 09:25 AM)brentboudreaux1 Wrote: welcome! people are pretty helpful as you can see already.
this is a great place...
the one star bandit got you already! you should feel honored Smile
Lol that was me by accident I think.......
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

(08-03-2012, 05:44 PM)Chrisb17 Wrote: There's a lot of terminology I don't know like holokote. I also dont know which cards are better like I know there is blue and gold and other stuff like that. Any information you can give me would be great.
I dont know what Holokote is - Never heard of it. There is Holofoil which is just a refractor type foil finish on a card. A refractor is like a rainbow effect for lack of a better explaination. When you hold it in the light there is a definitive reflection on the card. As for blue gold orange etc - That is colors of the cards. There are sooo many parallels in the card industry today its a pain to explain. Basically each plain jane base card has 45 different color variations (Not really 45 but it seems like it lol). Some rarer than the others.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC