`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
OT: "Dynasty"...really Vick???

RE: OT: "Dynasty"...really Vick???
(08-06-2012, 07:54 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: He didn't say anything wrong. He's just excited about the team and voicing his feelings outside the walls of the locker room. If I was a teammate of Vick, I would use this as motivation that he believes in the team that much.
Athletes VERY rarely just spout off in the media. They know they are worth millions and that the media can make or break them. That it is a VERY powerful resource if used correctly. I think Vick of all people has learned this. If an athlete doesn't understand this, they usually get coached by the team or an agent on how to behave.
One thing that should be remembered, these are men who have succeeded and dominated on high levels of competition all their lives, to say we can be a great team, is soft, scared and timid if one actually feels they can become a dynasty.
Michael Vick can say anything he wants. If he wants to, he can say he believes the Eagles will win the next 10 Super Bowls.

You say:

"I think Vick of all people has learned this. If an athlete doesn't understand this, they usually get coached by the team or an agent on how to behave."

He obviously hasn't — and he of all people should have known better after last year.