`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Pickups

RE: National Pickups
The Artist, Dick Perez was at the Robert Edward Auction booth with some of his art. I grabbed a couple of cards that were there for the taking with his art on them, and asked him to sign them, he obliged.

He said he felt honored being asked. It was the spur of the moment....I forgot to get a picture.

Here are scans of front and reverse....

[Image: img157a.jpg]

[Image: img158ab.jpg]

(08-12-2012, 06:38 PM)hlc1949 Wrote: The Artist, Dick Perez was at the Robert Edward Auction booth with some of his art. I grabbed a couple of cards that were there for the taking with his art on them, and asked him to sign them, he obliged.

He said he felt honored being asked. It was the spur of the moment....I forgot to get a picture.

Here are scans of front and reverse....

[Image: img157a.jpg]

[Image: img158ab.jpg]
Nice cards and smart move asking for the autograph. I would have asked as well, and hope that he comes back to the National next year since I couldn't make it this year and would have loved to meet Mr Perez.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

While at the show I registered with Goldin Auctions. The gift for registering was a Fleer Box Set of Cal Ripkin Jr. Highlights #/50000. I have not opened it. Anyone familiar with these cards?

Sports Kings had a Redemption....open a box....get a special NSCC issue Sports King card. I pulled a Dave Winfield, Silver Jersey. My redemption is a Pele jersey card.

[Image: CalRipkinGiveAwayatGoldinAuctions005.jpg]

[Image: SportKingsWinfieldPullPeleRedemptiona.jpg]

(08-14-2012, 12:38 AM)hlc1949 Wrote: While at the show I registered with Goldin Auctions. The gift for registering was a Fleer Box Set of Cal Ripkin Jr. Highlights #/50000. I have not opened it. Anyone familiar with these cards?

Sports Kings had a Redemption....open a box....get a special NSCC issue Sports King card. I pulled a Dave Winfield, Silver Jersey. My redemption is a Pele jersey card.
That's a nice Pele. Do you plan on opening the Cal set?
(08-11-2012, 03:39 PM)hlc1949 Wrote: A few more pickups. Heritage Auctions provided "Black Swamp Find" promos to purchasers of VIP National tickets. The 4 card set is encased and authenticated by PSA. I think they are pretty cool.
I wonder how many of these were made? Nice pickups.
(08-12-2012, 06:38 PM)hlc1949 Wrote: The Artist, Dick Perez was at the Robert Edward Auction booth with some of his art. I grabbed a couple of cards that were there for the taking with his art on them, and asked him to sign them, he obliged.

That's one of the best parts of collecting. I remember when I got Chavez Sr. to sign some boxing gloves for me. You can't put a price tag on memories. Congrats
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(08-14-2012, 11:08 AM)kenarm79 Wrote: That's a nice Pele. Do you plan on opening the Cal set?

I wonder how many of these were made? Nice pickups.

That's one of the best parts of collecting. I remember when I got Chavez Sr. to sign some boxing gloves for me. You can't put a price tag on memories. Congrats
I'm not sure if I'll open the Cal set. I'd like to see a few of the cards, if anyone has them.

The Black Swamp cards are limited from what I've read, but not sure how many.

cool stuff, the collector in me says do not open the cal set.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

After getting the Ripken cards from Goldin Auctions, I read that the previous day they had given out some Basketball HOF, Michael Jordan, Induction ticket. I returned and asked if they had any left, he pulled one out and gave it to me.

I also pulled pulled a few cards from a pack of 2012 SP Signature BB, for the wrapper redemption. Boston Pitcher, Junichi Tazawa; Tampa Bay, Dual Sigs, Wade Davis & David Price; Baltimore Prospect,Ryan Flaherty. I'm familiar with the players on the dual card, but not familiar with the others.

I received the first set of NSCC wrapper redemption cards. Each day a different set was given for opening a pack of pre determined product....I only went for the first set on the first day of the program. Too much trouble to try for a daily set. Cards are: Michael Jordan, Thierry Henry, Alonzo Mourning, Roger Staubach & Cody Buchel.

[Image: img153a.jpg][Image: img154a.jpg]

[Image: NationalUDredemptionprgm2012SPSignaturePullsa.jpg][Image: NationalUDredemptionprgm2012SPSignatureRedemptiona.jpg]

if youre interested in trading that ticket, im interested.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(08-14-2012, 09:25 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: if youre interested in trading that ticket, im interested.
I'm keeping it....think it is a nice addition to my Jordan collection.

I opened 2 boxes of Bowman Platinum BB, so that I could get the special limited numbered, show exclusive Blue Foil Parallel set. The special sets were #/499. They gave out 100 sets each day of the show. I was able to get 2 special sets.

Here are the hits pulled from Bowman Platinum..........

Refractor Au: Andrew Susac / Giants, Bryan Brickhouse / Royals, Brandon Jacobs / Red Sox, David Buchannon / Phillies
AU Relic Refractor: Carlos Martinez / Cardinals
Gold AU Relic Refractor #/50: Mat Moore / Rays
[Image: 2012BowmanPlatinumAUHits.jpg]

X-Fractors: Trevor Baur / Diamond Backs, Mason Williams / Yankees
Green Refractors #/399:Andrelton Simmons / Braves, Eddie Rosario / Twins
Blue Refractor #/199: Will Middlebrooks / Red Soxs
Gold Refractor #/50: Heath Hembree / Giants
[Image: 2012BowmanPlatinumRefractorHits.jpg]

There were also numerous regular refractors & RC's, including Yu Darvish RC and 2 Bryce Harper RC's, 1 being a gold parallel.
[Image: 2012BowmanPlatinumRookieProspectHits16.jpg]

Here are the show exclusive Blue foil #/499 sets I received as redemptions
[Image: 2012BowmanPlatinumRedemptionSets037.jpg]

Panini had a pack redemption program. The Box you purchased and opened would determined the amount of redemption packs you would receive. I picked up a box of 2011-12 Past & Present Basketball = 5 redemption packs.

The hits from the box.....Gamers Jersey, Luke Walton; Elusive Autographs, Major Jones & John Salley; Draft Pic Redemption, Pick 20; Kobe Bryant Au redemption (arrived today).
[Image: 2011-12PaniniPastandPresentHitsForPackRedemptions.jpg]

Each wrapper redemption pack had 2 cards.....
[Image: 2011-12PaniniRedemptionPacks.jpg]

My redemption packs produced....Team Colors, Stephen Strasburg & Dylan Bundy; Cracked Ice, Pavel Datsyuk, Ken Griffey Jr., Albert Pujols; Diamond King, Yu darvish; Stand Alone, Robert Grffin III; Rookie's#/499, Robert Griffin III, Ryan Nugent & Derrick Williams.
[Image: 2011-12PaniniPastandPresentRedemptions1.jpg]
[Image: 2011-12PaniniPastandPresentRedemptions2.jpg]