`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Best of Baseball 5 Box Break

RE: 2012 Best of Baseball 5 Box Break
Nice break really like the Ryan and the Jeter!

Slightly OT, but Leaf just bought my Sidney Crosby auto on the bay.

Their eBay ID is topdollar4autos or something like that.

I don't know how to feel about it ... they paid quickly and everything, so the deal was fine.

It just seems odd that they can buy other companies' cards on the secondary market without having any licensing whatsoever and sell other companies' cards for a profit.

I mean, I know they include their own cards, but seriously, why are people actually buying them? Because of the vintage A-Rods, Pucketts, Jeters, etc. ... not the unlicensed Sutton and Cepeda autos (no offense, those are good pulls, I just think they're not really the main draw.)

(08-02-2012, 06:46 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Slightly OT, but Leaf just bought my Sidney Crosby auto on the bay.

Their eBay ID is topdollar4autos or something like that.

I don't know how to feel about it ... they paid quickly and everything, so the deal was fine.

It just seems odd that they can buy other companies' cards on the secondary market without having any licensing whatsoever and sell other companies' cards for a profit.

I mean, I know they include their own cards, but seriously, why are people actually buying them? Because of the vintage A-Rods, Pucketts, Jeters, etc. ... not the unlicensed Sutton and Cepeda autos (no offense, those are good pulls, I just think they're not really the main draw.)
I look at it just like an LCS buying from Topps and then selling to consumers or someone opening a box and selling the singles on eBay. Leaf is just taking it to a higher level.

(08-02-2012, 07:39 PM)Thunderup33 Wrote: I look at it just like an LCS buying from Topps and then selling to consumers or someone opening a box and selling the singles on eBay. Leaf is just taking it to a higher level.
Yeah, but they're a competitor to the other companies, technically, that's the difference.

I mean, brilliant idea if they can get away with it, but I just don't see how they do ...

It just seems odd that they repackage other companies' cards. But, I'm assuming they looked into all the legalities, licensing issues, etc., ahead of time, and hey, I know I would buy a case of basketball if I could afford it.

That's why they buy them on Ebay and such. It is not illegal for them to buy/sell, they legally acquired the card from you or other collectors. So it is their property to do with as they choose. The other card companies would not sell them the autos direct however, so they buy them on the Bay.

Licensing and such doesn't come into play because they didn't create the card, so they don't have to deal with licensing. To sell it, they just need to have legal ownership.

Nice cards, really cool that you pulled something from the Dmitri Young collection!

I don't think it's any different than a Ford dealership selling a used Chevy.
Collecting T205 and Baseball HOF autos (currently at 116 of 298)

(08-02-2012, 09:31 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: That's why they buy them on Ebay and such. It is not illegal for them to buy/sell, they legally acquired the card from you or other collectors. So it is their property to do with as they choose. The other card companies would not sell them the autos direct however, so they buy them on the Bay.

Licensing and such doesn't come into play because they didn't create the card, so they don't have to deal with licensing. To sell it, they just need to have legal ownership.

Nice cards, really cool that you pulled something from the Dmitri Young collection!
Yep, good point. Props to them for figuring it out, I guess. That would be crazy if I pulled my own Crosby — but then again, if I had that much to spend on cards, I'd go for Best of Basketball, probably.