`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think the current RCs are selling for too much or just right?

RE: Do you think the current RCs are selling for too much or just right?
Lol I COMPLETELY dissagree on gates honestly. Heres why

1) Second fastest time in his draft class with messed up ankle
2) pretty decent hands
3) pretty raw player, but he has only played football for 2 years competitively (college and pros no high school)
4) Offensive coordinator great with speedsters
5) not to small at 6"0.
6) he's young
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

(08-01-2012, 12:22 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Clyde Gates - KR who may catch some deep balls
B.J Cunningham - Doubt we will see him much on the field
Jeff Fuller - Ditto
Jacory Harris - No chance he ever makes it. Barely survived playing on the Canes in college
Rishard Matthews - 7th round WRs dont pan out very often

As for Tannehill and Lamar Miller I think they are both over priced considering Tannehill wont play this year and Lamar Miller is 3rd string. Not a smart "investment" but here I am spending cash on them. lol. If only I knew why???

Right now the smartest "investments" you can make while collecting Phins players are:

Jake Long - Will be in the HOF
Vontae Davis - All Pro CB soon
Sean Smith - All Pro CB soon
Reggie Bush - Everybody loves Reggie Bush
Anthony Fasano - Solid TE from Notre Dame. Cards will never lose value.
Cameron Wake - Best pass rusher on the team

Now after you digest all of that who are some money pits on your team and who are some of the players to "investment" in?
I think the RCs are selling too high, but same as every year.

NOW the part I don't know about....

Jake long has only played 4 years....not sure if you can say he's a HOFer. He's had a good start though. Will people even buy cards of lineman?

Vontae Davis...another young guy, drafted 2009 I believe...Even if becomes a top 5 CB, I don't see his prices going up

Sean Smith - Never heard of him

Bush - His highest card prices were in 2006 and havent gone up since then (except maybe after a good game here or there). And I dislike him

Fasano....really?

Wake is good. Potential for $$$
Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

(08-01-2012, 09:02 AM)giantfan270 Wrote: The best NYG investment a year ago was Eli. They were cheap. Now try to collect Eli. Luckily I had a ton before the SB and that investment paid off well. Also last year Victor Cruz stuff took a huge jump. I bought his Contenders Auto for less than $10 I believe. Had it graded and it came back 9.5/10. I could get $150 for the card right now. Same with his N/T Auto RC. I had two 2004 Ultimate Eli Auto RC's BGS 10. One was pop 1. Pre SB I sold them for $750 as a pair. After the SB, the guy I sold them to, sold them for $2250 as a pair. So I've been on the losing end also. Right now I think the best players to invest in are always offense players. HOF, Pro Bowl, doesn't matter, defense players never gain value like offensive. Jason PP is going to go down as one of the best pass rushers in NYG history, but his cards will never be a great "investment". I like Jernigan and David Wilson from my team. Mark my words, Jernigan is going to have a huge year with Manningham gone. I've seen him in two practices now make some really sharp moves for big catches. He going to get a lot of game time and a chance to make a name for himself. David Wilson is just outstanding. I no longer miss Jacobs watching this kid run the ball. NEVER have the Giants had a kid with the speed, quickness, and elusiveness this kid has. Bradshaw plays smash mouth and has bad ankles. He can't handle the job 100% of the time. This kid Wilson, is going to be Rookie of the Year. And to answer your original question, the Jernigan's are and always were priced right. But he was last years rookie. David Wilson stuff on the other hand I think will come down. Right now it's too high. Silly sometimes.
Ive gotten it written down "buy some Jernigan and Wilson asap". thanks for the financial advice lol. And you are right Eli is way up there in price and Cruz is as well. No sure why defense always gets overlooked. I love 16-13 games more than 45-42 games. Two of my favorite games to watch every year is Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore.
(08-01-2012, 09:27 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: Collecting is not about smart investments. Collecting is not always about value either. Thats why I have a PC of Karim Abdul Jabbar.
I honestly think Tannehill is a waste of money and Lamar Miller is the guy to buy, but if Tanne comes out and blazes the trail, you won't be able to touch his stuff.
You know, its always hard to judge these things. In 2005, if someone was wasting $1000s on Wes Welker, we'd be laughing. Now, they'd be sitting on $10,000s.
On a more personal note, that 6 player list is very depressing. I think Davone Bess deserves to be on it above Fasano, Sean Smith, and Bush. If he went to a different team who could use him correctly, he'd be almost All-Pro.
I think Sean Smith is one of the most under rated corners in the league. When you have Vontae taking on a teams #1 WR and you have Sean Smith covering a teams #2 WR you have something pretty special there. (Madison and Surtain) As for Bess he is currently my favorite player on the team with Lamar Miller right behind him but like you mentioned if the QB can not give him the ball then he can not produce. Fasano went to Notre Dame so he will always have collectors and he has been a solid TE for the Phins IMO. His cards will not drop in value. Reggie Bush was probably the best and most high profiled college player for two years, dated one of the most popular women in the world and just had his best season as a player in the NFL. In 2006 his cards were super high but now they still sell fairly well and doubt I will see them fall in value.
(08-02-2012, 08:26 PM)p4ckattack Wrote: i agree new RCs are going extremely high. Even the jersey cards with authentic jersey pieces that i guess came off their practice jersey? are selling high. I still cant get my head around that one and its sad because some of those cards do look pretty cool. Unfortunitely the option to own a piece of an nfl game is gone and youll be throwin down a large amount cash on a gamble. I say if you like the player go for it but if your trying to invest stick with a safer player, either way its safer than the stock market these days and more fun anyway : )
This is a very good point. Why do we as collectors drop so much on nice patches when they are event worn jerseys. Wasnt it Mark Ingram who wore about 30 jerseys at one time and the number on the jersey was #80? Thats not even his number for crying out loud lol.
(08-04-2012, 05:16 PM)mcleodfive Wrote: Lol I COMPLETELY dissagree on gates honestly. Heres why

1) Second fastest time in his draft class with messed up ankle
2) pretty decent hands
3) pretty raw player, but he has only played football for 2 years competitively (college and pros no high school)
4) Offensive coordinator great with speedsters
5) not to small at 6"0.
6) he's young
Well when you start your argument with "Lol I COMPLETELY dissagree on gates honestly" should I not retort and just pencil him as a HOFer lol.

I hope you are right but Im pretty sure he will be a KR and PR this year unless they put Bess back there on punts. I did mention he could catch some deep balls but overall his stats at the end of this year will be something like

12 catches 182 yards and 1 TD which is an upgrade from last years total of 2 catches for 19 yards.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341