`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Would you guys send these into get graded?

RE: Would you guys send these into get graded?
Dude sometimes in the final minute of an auction a card can go from 20 bucks to 220 sometimes all bidders just want to bid at the last second...I have had cards that i know sell between 60 and 100 bucks sit at 5 bucks until the last twenty seconds then all the sudden boom. So you never know you could have ended up with exactly what you wanted if you had let the auction ride till the end
[Image: jonathancard.png]

That could be true or it could get 1 bid 10 minutes into the auction and not receive another throughout the duration.

That's why I see how many watchers I have. If I only have 4-5 watchers and the auction isn't close to what I am looking to get then I will close it. If I have a bunch of watcher 10-12 or more, then I will probably let it ride. I let an autographed printing plate go the other day and it didn't have a single bid over the last 1-1/2 days, even though there were 4 guys watching it.

So sometimes you get a last-minute flurry and sometimes you don't. A lot of people (like myself) bid early because I know what I can pay and I put my top bid in from the get-go and don't touch again.

(07-30-2012, 10:13 AM)jonathancard Wrote: Dude sometimes in the final minute of an auction a card can go from 20 bucks to 220 sometimes all bidders just want to bid at the last second...I have had cards that i know sell between 60 and 100 bucks sit at 5 bucks until the last twenty seconds then all the sudden boom. So you never know you could have ended up with exactly what you wanted if you had let the auction ride till the end

All problems solved by a buy it now/best offer auction....
Plus you alienated two Cutch collectors by ending the auction.
Your cards your decision though.
Mattingly Collection.2503 different

I'm looking for Mattingly,Pujols,All Current
& Great Yankees,& HOFers in all Sports.
[Image: e1a26f5e-c283-43da-a60f-eb714950ec46_zpsa04dbf07.jpg]

There will be a fee for ending auctions early coming up on ebay from what I read yesterday. Not happy about it since I trade listed stuff all the time if it doesn't have any bids. Although I have NEVER ended an auction early that had bids.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

(07-30-2012, 10:13 AM)jonathancard Wrote: Dude sometimes in the final minute of an auction a card can go from 20 bucks to 220 sometimes all bidders just want to bid at the last second...I have had cards that i know sell between 60 and 100 bucks sit at 5 bucks until the last twenty seconds then all the sudden boom. So you never know you could have ended up with exactly what you wanted if you had let the auction ride till the end
Very good point. More and more people seem to be using a snipe website like Gixen.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(07-30-2012, 09:35 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Most of what I sell is stuff that will go for under $10. I hardly ever worry about that. But if I have a high BV card and I don't get near what I want or near the BV, especially if it's a PC card I am throwing up on the bay, then I will pull it. I would rather hang on to a PC card over letting someone get it for next to nothing.
Why would you ever try to sell something from your personal collection on eBay? Wouldn't you have to eventually reacquire it?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I probably wouldn't get them graded unless you really thought they'd all pull 9+. The bottom edge on the right ink might come in below that, but it's hard for me to say. Also, I don't blame you for pulling up short of the auction end time, but usually the biggest bidding increases come in the last few hours. I'm surprised one of those guys didn't try to e-mail you to seal the deal. If you were going to do a re-do, or if you're not in a hurry to sell, just establish a buy-it-now price or otherwise set a reserve. Good luck!
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Both bidders were not Cutch collectors at all, neither had even bought his cards recently either.

I probably will send them in, don't know yet just wanted opinions. I have crappy eyes.

Who knows, anyone have a good way to title it so it gets max looks/watchers?

I'm still fairly new to selling but I knew no one would snipe high it on bc it was stalled for so long.
They didn't email me either asking what it would take to seal the deal, I had an offer of $100 I never felt so insulted.

Someone did ask me and I said $400 firm he replied "I'll give book value on everything".

Idk, may need help on how to set this up for a big sale
Which I doubt it will go big now bc I've take. It down once, guess I have jitters Sad
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

I would lead the title with the Red ink auto since it holds the most value. Maybe-

2012 Topps Heritage Andrew McCutchen red auto + rainbow!!!!
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

the black refractor just sold for 64.99 buy it now.....maybe u should piece it out if u wanna sell, i wouldnt grade heritage, you dont see alot of high grades for heritage so people really dont grade em much
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]