`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, ebay BUYERS are getting even more stupid....(pt 2: electric boogaloo)

Wow, ebay BUYERS are getting even more stupid....(pt 2: electric boogaloo)
when the dumb comes, it comes in waves....

so of course, the last time i posted about a customer, I had to go full "american idol" on his posterior ( http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1507786.html )

and this week? i have a new customers who is making me start feeling discourteous...

warning: this one isnt nearly as involved or as funny as the last one

so i had a customer buy about 20 lots from me. had it out the same day he ordered. as it happens, he lives about 15 miles from me.

i get an email, says he was very happy with the tim duncan rookie, but there was nothing else with a higher book value in the lot. since it is his son's birthday, he wants more cards for free.

perplexed, i checked his order in my org: he receved 2 cards worth at least 4 times more than the duncan rc, and 4 more cards worth double what the duncan was worth. of the 26 cards he got, only four were worth LESS than the duncan rookie. now, i include all the values with each order, so i explain about the sheet i sent, and the basic stats. i dont hear back

and then he leaves his feedback

as soon as he left his feedback, i check my seller dashboard....and sure enough - one of my categories took a hit. but it wasnt n accuracy of item description. he couldnt leave less than 5 on shipping time and communication. so, yes - he hit me on shipping charges

now if someone has an issue with shipping charges...hey, cant make everyone happy. i havent raised my shipping fees in years, long after the past couple postal rate hikes, and upswing in ebay fees. but if folks think it's unfair - it is what it is

unless you are this guy, and have his reasoning

why did he leave me 1 star for shipping cost?

"shipping just to ******* Ma, from sell shoulda been free"

if you have a hard time making out what that says, which is supposedly in english: because he was only 15 miles from me, shipping should have been free

*tries to wrap mind around this*

okay, so a 3 ounce package to alaska, first class, with dc, using paypal shipping...is 1.64. (his package weighed more, so just use this as an example) so, because it wasnt gong to a bleeping polar bear in our 49th state, and only going to some dimwit 15 miles away, when i go to the post office, there's a line just for mail going less than 30 miles, and IT'S FREE! YAY! and my shipping materials (bubble mailer, penny sleeves, team bags, tape, paper, ink) obviously are produced by pulling them from my posterior. and of course ebay and paypal - kind-hearted anti-capitalists that they are - waive their fees due to proximity

ebay should have an intelligence test for buyers.

this person is just too dumb to even try to explain it to them, and no reason to go csi, so it's just water under the bridge.

but dumb comes in waves, usually 3's. im just waiting for the next shoe to drop

RE: Wow, ebay BUYERS are getting even more stupid....(pt 2: electric boogaloo)
You should not be able to leave feedback for shipping cost as the buyer sees and agrees to pay the shipping price...just my opinion..ebay FTW lol
Collecting: ALL NBA STARS & SUPER STARS, ALL CURRENT DETROIT LIONS & Barry Sanders + NFL STARS

http://s818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/est89detLions/

Dude, I am so effing p--sed at eBay, and eBay buyers and their b--l s--t right now.

I am selling basically everything except my soul these days to get a Jordan auto.

Last Friday, a Jrue Holiday Contenders auto rookie of mine closed for $16.99 — not great, not bad.

I CLEARLY state in BOLD letters in my VERY BRIEF item descriptions that payment is expected within 3 DAYS — why?

Because I ALWAYS ship the same DAMN DAY I receive payment, so I expect the same courtesy from the buyers!

That's why I have over 400 positives and am a top-rated seller!

PAY FOR YOUR CRAP, DEADBEATS!

So, Monday, I get in to work, there's no payment (I actually do all of this from work), so I send a note saying "Please pay for your auction or I'm re-listing Tuesday night, as per the item description."

The "buyer" — why call them that if they don't actually pay for something — says "can pay you friday if that's ok"

Jesus, you have to wait for your paycheck to finance a FREAKING $16.99 CARD?

MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE BUYING CARDS RIGHT NOW! JUST A THOUGHT!

So I said OK, the card gets re-listed Friday at 7 p.m. (which is tonight) if I don't receive payment before then.

Do you think I have received payment yet? HELL NO!

Now, predictably, some of you deadbeat sympathizers/forum trolls will reply, "Uh, you know you have eight days to pay on eBay before anyone can make a claim against you, right?" or "yeah, OK, I'm definitely not buying from you now ..."

Yes, I know — BUT IF YOU AREN'T PLANNING TO PAY WITHIN THREE DAYS LIKE I'VE ASKED, WHY ARE YOU WASTING MY TIME AND YOURS BY BIDDING IN THE FIRST PLACE? BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT GETTING THE CARD IF YOU DON'T PAY AFTER THREE DAYS EITHER WAY, SO WHY BOTHER?

And then, of course, in "Happy eBay Land," no one is allowed to leave negative feedback for a buyer — GASP!

But, sure enough, when I looked at the aforementioned deadbeat's feedback tonight, even though it was 100 percent, some other seller left this comment, even with a "positive" :

"another buyer who shouldn't even be on ebay because don't pay for what they win"

That's like when Saddam used to win 100 percent of the vote in Iraq — it's total BS and completely meaningless.

For every rant on here that I have to tolerate about "stupid eBay sellers" or "crooked eBay sellers," I can say I'm an honest person and I try to do right by people.

Ask ANYONE who has paid for an item of mine on a Wednesday, lives in Florida, and it arrives from California on a Friday — they are astonished at the quick shipping and the mint card they receive.

I JUST WANT THE SAME TREATMENT!

I really wish all deadbeats would just go straight to hell.

yea...ebay is a joke anymore...they dont protect the seller on alot of things...and if the buyer can basically do anything they want to

(07-27-2012, 10:29 PM)rwgreen Wrote: yea...ebay is a joke anymore...they dont protect the seller on alot of things...and if the buyer can basically do anything they want to
Like, even their "resolution center" is a joke ... am I opening a claim, am I reporting a buyer, what exactly am I accomplishing? I actually got a note that my case had been closed right after I thought I opened it (?) ... then they ask the DEADBEAT "BUYER" if he's OK with ME canceling MY transaction to get MY final sale fees back.

After I get my MJ auto I am taking a nice, looooooooonnnngggg break from that piece of crap site.

I have been working on this for over a month, who knows how many trips to the post office, and I am ready to have it done with.