`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: not what I wanted to hear...

OT: not what I wanted to hear...
not cool, but I guess they are taking extra precautions... I wonder if he will even end up playing at all this season??? He is on the PUP list...

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Up...072183880f

Active/Physically Unable to Perform
# Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Age Exp. College
22 Clements, Nate CB 6-0 205 32 12 Ohio State
2 Nugent, Mike K 5-10 190 30 8 Ohio State
11 Shipley, Jordan WR 6-0 188 26 3 Texas
90 Sims, Pat DT 6-2 335 26 5 Auburn

RE: OT: not what I wanted to hear...
It could just be precautionary, that sucks though, I know the Jets had LaRon Landry on the PUP list the first day of camp, but last night on NFL network, he had been lifted off of it, hopefully it's something where he can come back during camp. Hopefully.
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

(07-27-2012, 03:11 PM)redskins316 Wrote: It could just be precautionary, that sucks though, I know the Jets had LaRon Landry on the PUP list the first day of camp, but last night on NFL network, he had been lifted off of it, hopefully it's something where he can come back during camp. Hopefully.
maybe, but I find it strange he had been cleared to play (as far as I know) and even says he feels he is ready... I am assuming they are taking no chances, and I am wondering if he will even make the roster if he stays on that list??? Wes Welker 2 anyone??? could Shipley be "shipped" off???

(07-27-2012, 03:17 PM)slotman11 Wrote: maybe, but I find it strange he had been cleared to play (as far as I know) and even says he feels he is ready... I am assuming they are taking no chances, and I am wondering if he will even make the roster if he stays on that list??? Wes Welker 2 anyone??? could Shipley be "shipped" off???
I know you're a big Shipley guy, but he's an average player.

Average players aren't worth a whole lot to their teams when injured because they can get a cheaper, younger average player to replace him pretty easily — not exactly like the Vikings waiting for Peterson to get back, you know what I mean?

I'm totally not trying to be mean, but that's why Shipley cards remain relatively affordable.

Look at it this way ... if the market softens, that's all the easier for you to load up on him.

But, for what it's worth, they must obviously want to keep him, otherwise they'd just release him.

Although, it wasn't a good sign for him when they drafted Sanu and Marvin Jones, either ... sorry man, I don't know what to make of it.

Well, if he does go to another team, that means there's a whole new bunch of cards to hunt down — first Jaguars auto, first Ravens jersey, whatever ...

(07-27-2012, 04:46 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I know you're a big Shipley guy, but he's an average player.

Average players aren't worth a whole lot to their teams when injured because they can get a cheaper, younger average player to replace him pretty easily — not exactly like the Vikings waiting for Peterson to get back, you know what I mean?

I'm totally not trying to be mean, but that's why Shipley cards remain relatively affordable.

Look at it this way ... if the market softens, that's all the easier for you to load up on him.

But, for what it's worth, they must obviously want to keep him, otherwise they'd just release him.

Although, it wasn't a good sign for him when they drafted Sanu and Marvin Jones, either ... sorry man, I don't know what to make of it.

Well, if he does go to another team, that means there's a whole new bunch of cards to hunt down — first Jaguars auto, first Ravens jersey, whatever ...
Pretty sure they expect him to be a little more than that... He's a bigger version of Wes walker. Should be just as good as welker IMO if not better. If he can get healthy...

Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

Wow I feel your pain they are doing the same with my Pc Guy David Gettis. Lets hope they both play this year
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(07-27-2012, 04:46 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I know you're a big Shipley guy, but he's an average player.

I value your opinion, but putting a side last year's injury, he had a pretty good rookie year...

Shipley was slated for 2011 as offense’s primary slot receiver, but suffered season-ending knee injury in Game 2, Sept. 18 at Denver ... Looks this year to return to form from his rookie season in 2010, when he recorded 52 catches, 600 receiving yards and three TDs ... Led AFC rookies in ’10 in receiving yards and tied for AFC rookie lead in receptions.

Not too bad for an "average" player... I know you guys think I will defend him no matter what, but the stats are the stats...Wink if he was 100% who knows what he is capable of achieving... Worst case is they trade him
off... I will root for WHOEVER he plays for...

(07-27-2012, 05:51 PM)slotman11 Wrote: I value your opinion, but putting a side last year's injury, he had a pretty good rookie year...

Shipley was slated for 2011 as offense’s primary slot receiver, but suffered season-ending knee injury in Game 2, Sept. 18 at Denver ... Looks this year to return to form from his rookie season in 2010, when he recorded 52 catches, 600 receiving yards and three TDs ... Led AFC rookies in ’10 in receiving yards and tied for AFC rookie lead in receptions.

Not too bad for an "average" player... I know you guys think I will defend him no matter what, but the stats are the stats...Wink if he was 100% who knows what he is capable of achieving... Worst case is they trade him
off... I will root for WHOEVER he plays for...
You are correct, the stats are the stats — 52 catches for 600 yards is average for an NFL receiver.

It's above average for a rookie, definitely, but 1,000-yard seasons for rookie receivers are not unheard of these days, so that's why it's above average at best.

But, since neither of us has a second year to go on/judge by, I'm willing to bet he can do better than 52/600.

I mean, most players (injuries aside) don't get worse, they get better — except for that Michael Clayton guy in Tampa Bay, remember him? He had 1,000 yards his first year in '04, and then steadily declined from there. I'm not even positive he's in the league any more.

Any way, I hope it works out for him/you, because he seems like a good guy and a good competitor.

And hey, sometimes a change of scenery makes a world of difference. I found a 2004 Bowman Wes Welker rookie in my stuff in the garage the other day, picturing him as a Charger!

I didn't even remember that he played for the Chargers, much less the Dolphins, and look what he's become since joining the Pats.

Actually, Welker may be out of there fairly soon, and they may need a new "slot man" ... LOL

Worst case scenario, like I said, he hooks on with someone else and you have new cards to chase — he's definitely a good player, someone will want him.

I was a really big Mark Brunell fan back in the day, but you can only collect so many cards that all look the same. It was fun when he went to Washington to pull his new Redskins cards.

(07-27-2012, 07:13 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: You are correct, the stats are the stats — 52 catches for 600 yards is average for an NFL receiver.

It's above average for a rookie, definitely, but 1,000-yard seasons for rookie receivers are not unheard of these days, so that's why it's above average at best.

But, since neither of us has a second year to go on/judge by, I'm willing to bet he can do better than 52/600.

I mean, most players (injuries aside) don't get worse, they get better — except for that Michael Clayton guy in Tampa Bay, remember him? He had 1,000 yards his first year in '04, and then steadily declined from there. I'm not even positive he's in the league any more.

Any way, I hope it works out for him/you, because he seems like a good guy and a good competitor.

And hey, sometimes a change of scenery makes a world of difference. I found a 2004 Bowman Wes Welker rookie in my stuff in the garage the other day, picturing him as a Charger!

I didn't even remember that he played for the Chargers, much less the Dolphins, and look what he's become since joining the Pats.

Actually, Welker may be out of there fairly soon, and they may need a new "slot man" ... LOL

Worst case scenario, like I said, he hooks on with someone else and you have new cards to chase — he's definitely a good player, someone will want him.

I was a really big Mark Brunell fan back in the day, but you can only collect so many cards that all look the same. It was fun when he went to Washington to pull his new Redskins cards.
Some great input there... I appreciate the support/advice... I am very interested how this all pans out... We will see...

They are waiting to draft his brother.