`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GRADING & Conditions & Derek Jeter!

GRADING & Conditions & Derek Jeter!
Do you think even with this edge damage if everything else looks good I could still pull a 9.5 on this 1993 SP Jeter Rookie?

LOOK AT THE WHITE ON BOTTOM LEFT UNDER GOLDISH WRITING

photo banner_zpsbab74229.jpg

RE: GRADING & Conditions & Derek Jeter!
Doubtful. The foil cards in that set have to be some of the most condition sensitive of the last 20 years.

EDIT: Is that some white on the edge going into the blue section as well? From what I've read over the years, that whole blue corner area is a killer........along with any potential scratches that might be lurking on the surface, which sometimes can be VERY hard to see.

A 9.5 will be tough. If you can see it, They definitely can under magnification. Get a jewelers magnifier and check all over it for any imperfections. You can get them for around 5 or 6 bucks online.

(07-27-2012, 04:06 PM)gangstippie Wrote: A 9.5 will be tough. If you can see it, They definitely can under magnification. Get a jewelers magnifier and check all over it for any imperfections. You can get them for around 5 or 6 bucks online.
I agree. I've sent in a couple that looked great with no chipping or white showing on the blue corner. They all came back as BGS 9's. So tough to get a 9.5. If it does come back a 9 you can always sell it for $350 and put it towards a 9.5
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/