`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memorabilia King Mastro indicted on fraud(shill-bidding)

RE: Memorabilia King Mastro indicted on fraud(shill-bidding)
I think I'm done with this hobby.

Anything of value leads to greed, and greed leads to people screwing other people over.

For what? Money?

Who cares?

Good lord, it's just other human beings playing games for a living.

Does anyone realize that in a hundred years no one will care who you are, no one will care who I am, and no one will care about any of these guys that we're all chasing on cards, balls, photos, etc.

Good lord I wish I was born a dog sometimes — I'm embarrassed to be a human being.

(07-26-2012, 06:01 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I think I'm done with this hobby.

Anything of value leads to greed, and greed leads to people screwing other people over.

For what? Money?

Who cares?

Good lord, it's just other human beings playing games for a living.

Does anyone realize that in a hundred years no one will care who you are, no one will care who I am, and no one will care about any of these guys that we're all chasing on cards, balls, photos, etc.

Good lord I wish I was born a dog sometimes — I'm embarrassed to be a human being.
I take offense to comments and how you use the LORD'S name in vain.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(07-26-2012, 06:24 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I take offense to comments and how you use the LORD'S name in vain.
Good lord is an expression and not meant to be offensive. "Lord" with a capital "L" is different.

(07-26-2012, 07:11 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Good lord is an expression and not meant to be offensive. "Lord" with a capital "L" is different.
No it isn't. You're sadly mistaken.

(07-26-2012, 07:16 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: No it isn't. You're sadly mistaken.
1. not everyone believes as you
2. good lord is an expression, though derived from Good Lord, in modern usage, has no religious connotation, good, bad or indifferent. It is extremely common in the South

(07-26-2012, 07:26 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: 1. not everyone believes as you
2. good lord is an expression, though derived from Good Lord, in modern usage, has no religious connotation, good, bad or indifferent. It is extremely common in the South
Thank you. I will stick to "holy cow," "jiminy christmas" or "geepers creepers" from now on.

No need to have my faith questioned by fellow members, thanks.

Then I'll start Praying for you. And jacoby, I'll keep Praying for you and your loved ones that you asked me to.

Believe me, I'm not thumping a Bible. I am ready to go to Heaven. The Bible says, that the LORD is not coming back until everyone has a chance to either accept or reject Jesus as LORD.

At this point, I believe that b/c of my facial paralysis, due to my brain stem surgery, that eBay and Beckett are my mission fields. I believe that GOD'S Will for me is to spread His Good News on these sites.

(07-26-2012, 07:56 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Then I'll start Praying for you. And jacoby, I'll keep Praying for you and your loved ones that you asked me to.

Believe me, I'm not thumping a Bible. I am ready to go to Heaven. The Bible says, that the LORD is not coming back until everyone has a chance to either accept or reject Jesus as LORD.

At this point, I believe that b/c of my facial paralysis, due to my brain stem surgery, that eBay and Beckett are my mission fields. I believe that GOD'S Will for me is to spread His Good News on these sites.
i appreciate the prayers.

but you know you cant proselytize on the boards...you know it's against TOS

also: when you come at someone that way, it wont bring them closer to God - it feels like an attack. better to lead by your example, of your strength, than to go after someone for their use of language. just my opinion, of course.

Glad to see one of the thread concerning one of the most important topics in the history of the hobby has turned into *this*.

Stay classy, Beckett.

(07-26-2012, 08:00 PM)bigguy219 Wrote: Glad to see one of the thread concerning one of the most important topics in the history of the hobby has turned into *this*.

Stay classy, Beckett.
An attack is an attack, and won't ever be tolerated, regardless of subject — so if it's not "classy," that would be your problem, not mine.

I gave my opinion on the topic in the OP, a member decided to turn it into a lecture on faith.

What he apparently fails to understand is that I, like many people who roll their eyes at "thumpers" — his term — actually am a man of faith.

I just don't believe in the "I pray for your soul, you heretic" type of judgments that these people make based on assumptions.

Pretty much, they ruin it for everyone else who believes but doesn't preach — and, they're hypocrites.

If we're all God's children, who is he to judge?

Exactly.

Thank you, and goodnight now.