Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
500 Homerun Club Autograph Mays, Mantle, Williams ETC. Authentic? Scan

500 Homerun Club Autograph Mays, Mantle, Williams ETC. Authentic? Scan
Hey guys,
So years back I purchased a 500 Homerun Club autograph off of Ebay. I have a COA but looks to be from a questionable source. It is TTA who from my google searches seem "suspect". Ted Taylor is authenticator seems like there couldnt be a worstone from searches.

The place I bought it from is a card shop that has offered me money back gurantee if it came up not "legit" . Now sending to PSA would run me $100. But will they see TTA and run off and not give an honest opinion?

oh by way I wish ebay then had the quick opinion option.

What do you guys think I should do?

[Image: IMG_0750.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0752.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0756.jpg]

RE: 500 Homerun Club Autograph Mays, Mantle, Williams ETC. Authentic? Scan
(07-24-2012, 06:27 PM)athleticsalwest43 Wrote: Hey guys,
So years back I purchased a 500 Homerun Club autograph off of Ebay. I have a COA but looks to be from a questionable source. It is TTA who from my google searches seem "suspect". Ted Taylor is authenticator seems like there couldnt be a worstone from searches.

The place I bought it from is a card shop that has offered me money back gurantee if it came up not "legit" . Now sending to PSA would run me $100. But will they see TTA and run off and not give an honest opinion?

oh by way I wish ebay then had the quick opinion option.

What do you guys think I should do?

[Image: IMG_0750.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0752.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0756.jpg]
To me some look legit and a few look a little too good. If its legit its a great piece and some of those guys took their time to sign it. I know nothing about the authenicator.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

The authenticator is terrible from google searches. I may just send to PSA I just want them to give it an honest look and not see TTA and run away. I mean some of TTA stuff seems to obviously be crap but others seem nicer..

Brett

I would not send them the other COA , their job is to look at the autos not judge the work of another.

dustin- Only problem is there is a TTA sticker hologram on the piece itself and am unsure if removing would damage

I agree some look old and others don't.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Some just look "off" to me. The 2 that bother me the most are Frank Robinson's and Willie Mays's. Some of the sigs look a lil fatter than they normally are (case in point the Banks and Aaron).
Yea.....unless PSA gives the thumbs up, for some reason just not trusting it.

I think he stated some look a little to good not "old". I have always had my doubts, if I send it in to PSA and get $ back from store I will be out less money than the $100 PSA cost.

If PSA says its real though I am assuming it would get no better than that
I wonder if I could list my own item on ebay and get the quick opinion from them just to start

I am thinking if legit they just used different pens on a few , all blue ink though

What a piece (if real)!!!! Send it off.....what ELSE are you going to do.

I would NOT send the COA either.

Collecting HOF Vint-Rooks-GU-autos + Musial and other Cardinals

Bucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd387/SchlueterLaw/

[Image: MusialCollageSmall.jpg]

I agree if real I am ecstatic, I will email the card store again, I obviously paid more than $100 for it but if it comes back not authentic they stated would give me back my money so would be out $100 instead of more