`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW Additions to Irbe "In Other(s) Words" (#9 and #10)

NEW Additions to Irbe "In Other(s) Words" (#9 and #10)
Hello all, by this point, I am sure that you are all familiar with my little project, aptly named "In Other(s) Words". If you are not, I will give you a quick rundown. What I do is I get former teammates, opponents, coaches, or other former NHL goaltenders to write a comment about Arturs Irbe and sign their names on base cards of Irbe's.

The idea has been a hit all over North America, as "In the Game" employees have expressed their enjoyment of my project, and a certain company (Leaf) had even knocked off my idea in a 2011-12 (football or basketball) product of theirs. I have been informed that Archie Irbe himself had been given the link to my webpage as well, so that is very neat!

Before I get into the show and tell, I want to give a mega-super-thank you to my good friend Tim, aka TurcoCollector3, for getting me these two items, #9 and #10 in my "In Other(s) Words" project. He took time out of his busy schedule to approach one of the athletes during a Winnipeg Jets public skate over a week ago, and to approach another former goalie who owns a hobby shop in Winnipeg. The help is much appreciated and will never be forgotten!

So, now that the project re-iteration and my patented mega-super-thank you are taken care of, it is now time to move onto the show.

#9 in the project, an honest take on Irbe from a former teammate of his:

Wade Flaherty wrote "Latvia Born Star"

[Image: wadeflahertyinotherwords.jpg]

#10 in the project, a hilarious comment by an old-school goaltender:

Joe 'The Holy Goalie' Daley wrote "My old equipment looked newer!"

[Image: joedaleyinotherwords.jpg]

They go great with Fuhr, Ranford, Cheevers, Buchberger, Hunter, Moog, Hrudey, and McLean!

Comments are always appreciated, and thanks again Tim!

RE: NEW Additions to Irbe "In Other(s) Words" (#9 and #10)
Awesome! It's a true honor that your idea has been passed on to Mr. Irbe! Congrats on that, the integrity of your fellow trader (kudos to you, Tim!) and the sweet adds to In Other(s) Words! Love seeing these, Bruce! Can't wait for more!

Randi

very nice

anyone else you aiming for this collection? just wondering
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Finally hit the #10 mark! Congrats! Here's to another 10 and more. love looking at this project.
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants

Very cool, is that the Joe Daley from Winnipeg? He has his own card shop and I stop in every now and then and talk with him. Super cool man.

That is a great idea and project you have going on there. Congrats.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

(07-25-2012, 07:43 AM)rayeates Wrote: Awesome! It's a true honor that your idea has been passed on to Mr. Irbe! Congrats on that, the integrity of your fellow trader (kudos to you, Tim!) and the sweet adds to In Other(s) Words! Love seeing these, Bruce! Can't wait for more!

Randi
I appreciate the comment Randi! Hopefully Irbe actually checked out my webpage!
(07-25-2012, 09:02 AM)bonnev659 Wrote: very nice

anyone else you aiming for this collection? just wondering
Thanks for the comment JJ. I always have a few that I aim for...always keep them secret until I get though Smile
(07-25-2012, 11:24 AM)roussy35 Wrote: Finally hit the #10 mark! Congrats! Here's to another 10 and more. love looking at this project.
Thanks for the compliment. I have up to five that may be making their rounds back to me within the next year, so we will see how many more that I can add!

(07-25-2012, 12:30 PM)thundercats12 Wrote: Very cool, is that the Joe Daley from Winnipeg? He has his own card shop and I stop in every now and then and talk with him. Super cool man.
One and the same! The Turco super collector who got me the item also lives in Winnipeg, so he was nice enough to ask Daley for me!
(07-25-2012, 04:36 PM)iluvladies5015 Wrote: That is a great idea and project you have going on there. Congrats.
I appreciate the compliment!

What a cool sub-collection of all time thoughts.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

Hilarious comment by Daley and an inspired post as usual. I'll reiterate: I haven't heard of a more interesting PC project anywhere. Leaf should be forwarding you royalties.

Nice to hear from you Bruce and thanks for the welcome back...it's nice to hang out awhile with some familiar "faces" again, though I'm sure I'll continue to check in and check out from time to time since that's standard operating procedure.

As for Edmonton, I hope to be back soon because I really dig Canada (except for the mosquitos)...but I can't say when that'll be. Meanwhile, I'll look out for you in case we can do something about that terrible St. Louis infestation you've got going on there. Cheers!
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Congrats on the additions