`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Help with Reporting an Item on eBay....UPDATED!!!

Help with Reporting an Item on eBay....UPDATED!!!
Long story short....won an item at a steal back in Feb from a seller. Paid immediately, never got item, filed and got full refund and left a negative. He has the item relisted now. I cannot describe this in the report an item area, where can I get it through to those at eBay?
Looking for Ozzie Guillen, Gordon Beckham, Frank Thomas, Travis Snider, John Starks, White Sox and anything else that catches my eye!

RE: Help with Reporting an Item on eBay
This happened to me last week with two HOFer 2012 Ginter relics. He claimed they were stolen from his car...few days later bam they are for sale again

Dont think there is anything you can really do except the negative feedback
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

What are you going to report him for? He didn't steal from you and you got your full refund. True, he should have followed through on the transaction but I hardly see what you can report him for.

(07-23-2012, 07:40 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: What are you going to report him for? He didn't steal from you and you got your full refund. True, he should have followed through on the transaction but I hardly see what you can report him for.
i agree wholeheartedly

So if I bid on something it's a binding contract, but if he feels that he didn't get what he should have out of it, it nullifies the contract? It's a shady business practice and should not be able to continue. I am not the only one that he has done this to and I thought that eBay should be aware of it. If he wants to protect himself against a low selling price, he should pay for the reserve feature. My $50 for the $80 item was tied up for three weeks or longer because he decided that the ending price wasn't sufficient. Was this fair to me? Was it fair to the other guy he did the same thing to?
Looking for Ozzie Guillen, Gordon Beckham, Frank Thomas, Travis Snider, John Starks, White Sox and anything else that catches my eye!

that is fine and dandy (but technically speaking, it's not a contract)

what are you reporting the auction for? when you go through the dropdown menu, which item?

"the seller was unfair to me" doesnt seem to be an option

A bid is a binding contract per eBay rules, but what gives him the right to back out of the contract? Is this something that you do if you don't get what you want out of one of your items?

look, you are missing the point

great, the guy sucks. he was unfair. but you also cant FORCE someone to sell

you want folks to report his auction. fine. in the options that ebay gives you to report it, what option are we to use in this instance?

That is what I was asking, how do I report something like this? He is breaking eBay rules by "Backing out of the transaction because buyers didn't place a high enough bid and the seller didn't add a reserve price" as taken from their rules and policies section. Where would I report that being that there isn't an option for a situation like this and you cannot type a reason for reporting an item.

(07-23-2012, 09:25 PM)ozzieguillen13 Wrote: That is what I was asking, how do I report something like this? He is breaking eBay rules by "Backing out of the transaction because buyers didn't place a high enough bid and the seller didn't add a reserve price" as taken from their rules and policies section. Where would I report that being that there isn't an option for a situation like this and you cannot type a reason for reporting an item.
he followed the rules, technically. he cancelled the bids before the 12 hour limit. you can say it was because he didnt like the price, but you also cannot prove that.

honestly: even if there was a way to report this, you wouldnt be successful

suggestion: let it go, move on

seriously