`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Help with Reporting an Item on eBay....UPDATED!!!

RE: Help with Reporting an Item on eBay
I do not know why these guys even bother to bid if they do not plan on paying.I have had about 4 in the last month do it to me. Filing a claim is a joke. Just cancel it and relist is all you can really do. I was told by a good friend who has been ebay selling for years that sellers will make dummy accounts and when you are selling the same cards they are for a better price they will do that to try and hold your cards up. Me myself, I let the hobby decide on the selling price. It's good business and keeps the card collecting world happy.

Sounds like the law is on your side per eBay:

"All bids made in the Real Estate and eBay Motors vehicles categories are considered non-binding.
Remember, bids placed in any other category are a legal commitment to purchase the item. We strongly encourage you to read the other terms for more information."

(07-25-2012, 09:15 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: Sounds like the law is on your side per eBay:

"All bids made in the Real Estate and eBay Motors vehicles categories are considered non-binding.
Remember, bids placed in any other category are a legal commitment to purchase the item. We strongly encourage you to read the other terms for more information."
but you still cant force someone to sell

I've honestly been looking around online for this and though ebay says it's legally binding, I cannot for the life of me find anywhere anything about an actual law that says so. What ebay says and what actual law says I'm going to guess are two different things. However, I can't track down any actual laws to compare/verify.

There's no way to force them to sell because eBay has no teeth. They don't punish people for breaking a binding contract. Until eBay and these low life sellers are held to account, nothing will happen. So yes, Jacobystealshome, they can't force anyone to ship just like the state can't force you to pay taxes. It's up to the individual to be a damn decent human being.

(07-26-2012, 12:03 AM)Duece215 Wrote: There's no way to force them to sell because eBay has no teeth. They don't punish people for breaking a binding contract. Until eBay and these low life sellers are held to account, nothing will happen. So yes, Jacobystealshome, they can't force anyone to ship just like the state can't force you to pay taxes. It's up to the individual to be a damn decent human being.
While i rarely sell card there, in the 13+ years i haven't pulled an auction with bidders except for 1 occasion. The only bidder at the time had a history for posting neg f/b for sellers, he didn't respond to my inquiry on why so many negs so i canceled his bid & put him on my Blocked Buyer List. Later that night 2 users with 0 f/b placed bids & 1 had signed up that night. I had that gut feeling the newbie was the original bidder so i ended up removing the bids then took the item down.
Anyone who sells long enough will agree there are numerous buyers that play games as well as poor performing sellers.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Totally agree. It goes both ways. I've seen dicey buyers too.

Hey I am just a bystander but @Jacoby do you just troll the forums to add 1 to your post count, sometimes yes you have great info but seriously he didnt ask for a smart ***** remark or what is right and wrong about what happened to him. He asked what he could do to report the situation. Dont type something if it doesnt have any relevance to what he asked help on jeez.

(07-26-2012, 01:18 AM)josiahcecil Wrote: Hey I am just a bystander but @Jacoby do you just troll the forums to add 1 to your post count, sometimes yes you have great info but seriously he didnt ask for a smart ***** remark or what is right and wrong about what happened to him. He asked what he could do to report the situation. Dont type something if it doesnt have any relevance to what he asked help on jeez.
im not trolling, he said he wanted to report, he wanted the seller to pay for his actions

but the fact is, all he can do is leave a negative

im not trolling

Hey, you're all correct in a way.
Yes, there is a binding contract.
Yes the seller and buyer agree to fulfill the contract, but like everything else is this world, contracts are broken all the time. Nobody can force a seller to sell or a buyer to buy .... Unless you want to bring it up a notch,which involves more money than what's at stake for many of these auctions.
That being said ....You have several options, of course negative feedback, but in order to do this you can't agree to take a refund from the seller and it will tie up your money for a while. So you decide, is the negative feedback worth the time for the money?
Secondly, you can call and complain to eBay, report the item that's in question and the situation. They told me they've banned sellers from selling in certain circumstances.
Lastly, there's good ol'karma .... What goes around will come around and I am sure that a shady seller will find their match in a shady buyer or vice versa.

BTW: I haven't been here for long, but I don't think JacobySH was trolling. He was just being brutally honest and truthful. If a seller doesn't care about his/her reputation, there really is very little you can do. You can't force a seller to sell. Brutally simple and not what you want to hear.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.