`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Help with Reporting an Item on eBay....UPDATED!!!

RE: Help with Reporting an Item on eBay
(07-23-2012, 09:25 PM)ozzieguillen13 Wrote: That is what I was asking, how do I report something like this? He is breaking eBay rules by "Backing out of the transaction because buyers didn't place a high enough bid and the seller didn't add a reserve price" as taken from their rules and policies section. Where would I report that being that there isn't an option for a situation like this and you cannot type a reason for reporting an item.
You're correct in the buyer reneged on the sale as it is a binding contract. The same applies to a buyer who never pays, neither can be forced to ship or pay. I don't think there is an option to report that item & after posting a deserved neg f/b the seller probably has you on his BBL now.
Me personally, i don't think i would want to buy from someone doing what they did to you with the original sale.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

You said within the 12 hour limit. He didn't cancel when auction was live, he never sent after I paid for auction and is now relisting it.
Looking for Ozzie Guillen, Gordon Beckham, Frank Thomas, Travis Snider, John Starks, White Sox and anything else that catches my eye!

There is nothing you can do. It sucks yes. It is poor business yes. I had a similar thing happen to me. Guy and I talked about a lot he had for sale. He told me what he would take as a best offer. I send that offer. He accepted. I paid. I get told a week later that it has been shipped. Two weeks later he requests to cancel the deal cause he cant let it go for so cheap. I denied the request. He refunded my money, which sat with a hold for a week. In the end I gave the guy a 4 week loan. He still has his cards which he will sell sooner or later I am sure and I got my money and no cards. It is wrong but as many have said, you cant force them to sell and they cant force you to pay.
[Image: yankees2copy.jpg]

(07-23-2012, 09:52 PM)ozzieguillen13 Wrote: You said within the 12 hour limit. He didn't cancel when auction was live, he never sent after I paid for auction and is now relisting it.
ah. well, only thing you can do is hit him with the neg and move on

(07-23-2012, 09:15 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: look, you are missing the point

great, the guy sucks. he was unfair. but you also cant FORCE someone to sell

you want folks to report his auction. fine. in the options that ebay gives you to report it, what option are we to use in this instance?
I don't know if you're attempting to troll, or you're just I'll informed, but eBay policies define a winning bid at auction as a binding contract. Webster's dictionary sums up what a contract is too.

(07-25-2012, 04:09 AM)Duece215 Wrote: I don't know if you're attempting to troll, or you're just I'll informed, but eBay policies define a winning bid at auction as a binding contract. Webster's dictionary sums up what a contract is too.
still a moot point. cant force someone to sell

Can not force them to sell..but they broke policy and TOS and eBay should restrict their access, punish etc..
They broke the rules, they broke a contract and there is something that can be done..eBay needs to ban this person.
I thought eBay has been so SUPER BUYER PROTECTION in last 2 years, it surprises me that a buyer complaint would go unheeded.
Call them, tell them about it..I would be interested in what they say.

This is why the feedback is there. If he was willing to take the negative in order to not sell at that price, its his call.
[Image: bWSA7.png]
Collecting: Alfonso Soriano and Boston Red Sox

It is sort of off of the original topic, but I have had 3 people not pay for items recently, and am not allowed to even give a negative feedback apparently. All I can do is open a case, which has done no apparent good. Is it really that easy to just not pay for something and walk away unharmed?
1,254 unique Chipper Jones
317 unique Javy Lopez

(07-25-2012, 01:35 PM)northflacards Wrote: It is sort of off of the original topic, but I have had 3 people not pay for items recently, and am not allowed to even give a negative feedback apparently. All I can do is open a case, which has done no apparent good. Is it really that easy to just not pay for something and walk away unharmed?
sadly, yes