`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 packs of Prestige......Major MOJO!!!

4 packs of Prestige......Major MOJO!!!
I stopped by the local cardshop on Saturday for an Auction that they were having. I picked up 10 Autos for $10 and a Walter Payton Game Used Jersey card for $20....not too bad. Pulled off a nice trade to land a Matthew Stafford Rookie Auto and a Barry Sanders Autos for the GREATS COLLECTION.......basically traded a Big Ben/Willie Parker Auto and a Dez Bryant Auto Jersey for those.

Someone was buying Prestige pack by pack and decided to leave 4 in the box, so I grabbed those as well, the only 4 packs I have bought so far this year and here is what I hit in the first pack.

RG3 3 color Auto Jersey #86/99
RG3 Auto Jersey 86/99

I saw two of these posted on Ebay and they both had a single white piece of jersey. I might go ahead and stop while I am ahead this year Smile

RE: 4 packs of Prestige......Major MOJO!!!
Was the other guy still in the shop to see what he missed?! LOL Sick, sick pull!
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

Thanks, no he had left out shortly after the Auction......I am sure it would have ruined his day. I hardly ever go into this shop, but I hit something nice at least 60% of the time I am in there. The last time I was in there I pulled a dual GSP/Matt Hughes Auto numbered to 25. Before that I pulled a Mark Ingram Auto Rookie, and before that was a Tim Tebow SP Authentic Super Patch Auto Rookie /25, and the best pull was a Emmitt Smith Auto Jersey /5. There are several more, but those alone have me in the black at that shop Smile. The owner tells everyone in there that I have the best luck he has ever seen.....too bad I can't do that daily, LOL!!!

(07-23-2012, 09:38 AM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Was the other guy still in the shop to see what he missed?! LOL Sick, sick pull!

Omg, I think you go to the same card shop as me! Is it... sports dome? Big Grin
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

Holy crap that is an awesome card ... well done!

I have never understood that, when people are busting packs and don't clean out the whole box — grabbing a few and leaving is different, but that doesn't sound like the case here.

Back in 2006 I went to my LCS, and they had four packs of Bowman baseball left.

The owner said somebody else bought and ripped the other 20 packs in front of him and the auto hadn't come out yet.

As a Tigers fan, I really wanted the Cameron Maybin auto (huge Tigers prospect at the time), so I bought the last four packs ... and pulled the Maybin auto.

Why, if you're buying let's say $80+ of loose packs, why wouldn't you spend $15-20 more and finish the box?

Usually the LCS owner will give you the box price average for the last few packs, and you'll pull everything you're supposed to.

The only thing I can think of, maybe your RGIII was an "extra" hit and he thought he pulled them all already?

@Chasescardcave, yep......Sports Dome here in sweet old Kenosha WI!!!

@rjcj2017, honestly I don't know how many packs he bought, but the guys at the store said he didn't hit any thing, and that the box was mostly full when he started. I was going to buy the last 4 anyway, because at shops I trust I will finish a box if there isn't anything else around I am interested in.

(07-23-2012, 07:33 PM)leedrane Wrote: @Chasescardcave, yep......Sports Dome here in sweet old Kenosha WI!!!

@rjcj2017, honestly I don't know how many packs he bought, but the guys at the store said he didn't hit any thing, and that the box was mostly full when he started. I was going to buy the last 4 anyway, because at shops I trust I will finish a box if there isn't anything else around I am interested in.
Well, great for you ... that is a beautiful card.

Nice End of the Box Karma. Sweet card.
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

Thats pretty sweet! Congrats!
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

congrats! very nice pull
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127