`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: 2013 Hall of Fame candidates

RE: OT: 2013 Hall of Fame candidates
I def. think Bagwell should get in. I would like to see Schilling wait a year but I dont know, his whole career wasn't amazing.

As much as I hate Bonds and realize there is no chance he is getting in, it frustrates me. Even if we do not count his steroid years, what he did was remarkable. He had speed and 40 homer seasons. (anybody remember his cameo in the movie Rookie of the Year?)

Clemens is boss and he should be in but the writers will keep him for at least a few years I think.

Sosa? No way. end of discussion. Biggio should be in, he was a scrappy good player for his whole career and Piazza played the right way. Not just numbers, but his catching skills were good. Also I see Kenny Lofton getting in hopefully

I wish David wells will get in, I would love to see him wear Babe Ruth's hat to the ceremony Smile

A most interesting class discussion it will be but I am definitely making the trip in 2017 to see Junior get in. I see him as having a chance to be 100%
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

Guys like Bonds and Clemens will get in. When current voters are gone, the then new voters won't know about how the game was altered with steroids. It might be 20+ years, but I believe Clemens and Bonds will get in.

With Bagwell and Piazza both being home run hitters in the steroid era, they will be affected by what happened. Did they do things. I don't know any more or any less than anyone. But they were home runs hitters in the steroid era, so they will be packaged with all the others.

Biggio was not a home run hitter in the steroid era and I hope that will help him. I believe he and Bagwell should go in together (if they both end up in the Hall at some point). When you thought of the Astros in the mid to late 1990s and later, you couldn't have one B without the other. They went together.

Biggio had 3000 hits, he deserves to be there as one of the top players of his generation. I'd love to see Lofton get in, though I think it's a very long shot. I'm pretty conflicted about the steroid guys. There is so much speculation, and physical evidence that suggests guys like Bagwell used, but how do you separate speculation from those who admitted/got caught with guys from that era? I find it hard to believe that if MLB is allowing Bonds' numbers to stand, the home run king won't be in the HOF...eventually. Wouldn't mind seeing Raines get in this year too.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

I'm hoping this is the year that Dale Murphy finally gets in. He deserves it....his stats would look a little nicer had he not played during the terrible 1980's Braves teams.

I'd like to see McGriff get in too.

(Clearly a little bias there....but if it's any consolation, I don't think Ryan Klesko should be in there haha)
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

i think biggio and piazza will get in.

has a 3000 hit guy ever not made it on 1st ballot?

(07-23-2012, 11:58 AM)roger rabbit Wrote: Biggio had 3000 hits, he deserves to be there as one of the top players of his generation.
Was he really? I honestly don't think he was ever a dominant player. I've seen a lot of people call him a "compiler" and I tend to agree. I think he should get in eventually but it should not be a sure thing.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(07-23-2012, 12:19 PM)iconms Wrote: Was he really? I honestly don't think he was ever a dominant player. I've seen a lot of people call him a "compiler" and I tend to agree. I think he should get in eventually but it should not be a sure thing.
name a better 2nd baseman not in the hall of fame

the numbers he put up in the 90's as a 2ND BASEMAN make him elite imo

(07-23-2012, 11:54 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Guys like Bonds and Clemens will get in. When current voters are gone, the then new voters won't know about how the game was altered with steroids. It might be 20+ years, but I believe Clemens and Bonds will get in.
Remember. You get 15 years to be elected in. even the youngest writers at 35-40...will still be on the committee when there tenure to be voted on is up..

I will be mad if steroid users get voted in before Pete Rose is unbanned from baseball
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

bonds versus clemens:

these are two players we actually know almost exactly when they started steroids

bonds stats before the roids: already a hall of famer.
clemens stats before roids: not a hall of famer

I agree with majority or people on here. Bonds and Clemens were sure shot 1st ballot. But now I think they will make it at some point. Biggio should get in but not first ballot. Piazza will make it but too close to call on first chance. Kenny Lofton and Boomer Wells are long shots with a fighters chance. I don't see any of the other guys mentioned to get close. Schilling wasn't even close to as dominate as Pedro and it will take him a couple chances to get in.