Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cespedes Auto... Strike now?

Cespedes Auto... Strike now?
Just wanted some advice here.

I got back into collecting a month ago... Decided on Cespedes as the lead of my PC... really a no brainer being an a's fan. Been impressed with him at the plate. Yes, he looks like Wily Mo, 1 out of every 10 at bats... I remember a few games ago him being up 3-0 and then swinging at 3 sliders in the dirt to get K'd. But, bottom line the guy is a beast...

I've gathered about 70+ Cespedes cards... 18 different. But unfortunately (and stupidly) have steered clear of the high end. I have two topps blacks /63, 2 2009 relics, and 6 bowman oranges /250, but No auto's or 1/1's. In hindsight, I should have passed on 3 stupid blasters at Target and gone after an auto.

Since his recent hot streak, I have seen his auto prices spike by about $15-20 a pop on Ebay.

I guess what I am asking is... Would you strike now on an auto? Or wait for the third wave of 2012 releases and for things to level out? Am I flawed in the logic that an increased supply of auto'd card options will result in prices leveling out?

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

RE: Cespedes Auto... Strike now?
Yes and no. Certain sets are going to cost more than others, so no matter the supply they will cost more than others. As a general rule I would say buying during a hot streak is probably not a great idea, but If it's PC that's tough. If its a rare card I would go for it, but something /99 or Higher I would wait it out.
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

Thanks man. Appreciate the response. Agreed that I can probably get one back around $70 once he returns to earh.

Right now, I'm looking at Tier one auto's... and A&G mini autos... Bowman redemption are way too expensive for me. Just got sniped on Ebay for a $78 bid on a /50 tier one auto on Ebay...

Until I get one in my wheelhouse, I'll keep monopolizing the market on my bowman orange /250's for $8 a pop... lol.

(07-22-2012, 05:49 PM)jtwellsnyy51188 Wrote: Yes and no. Certain sets are going to cost more than others, so no matter the supply they will cost more than others. As a general rule I would say buying during a hot streak is probably not a great idea, but If it's PC that's tough. If its a rare card I would go for it, but something /99 or Higher I would wait it out.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.

I collect Bernie Williams first and formost, Im not at super-collector level yet, but my rule with his stuff is that if it's rare or something you dont see often, I go for it. Other stuff that I see everywhere, I wait to get the lowest price I can. Auto's though, are tough. He's retired so performance isn't a factor. He's not a HOFer, but a Yankee in the dynasty years, he has a premium still.

Apparently the Yankees can't beat the A's...... 4 in a row, ugh!
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

A's are mashing!

Too bad I can't go in time and erase those 4 blasters of Ginter I bought and buy a Tier One /25 auto a month ago. Live and learn.

(07-22-2012, 09:27 PM)jtwellsnyy51188 Wrote: I collect Bernie Williams first and formost, Im not at super-collector level yet, but my rule with his stuff is that if it's rare or something you dont see often, I go for it. Other stuff that I see everywhere, I wait to get the lowest price I can. Auto's though, are tough. He's retired so performance isn't a factor. He's not a HOFer, but a Yankee in the dynasty years, he has a premium still.

A's are mashing!

Too bad I can't go in time and erase those 4 blasters of Ginter I bought and buy a Tier One /25 auto a month ago. Live and learn.

(07-22-2012, 09:27 PM)jtwellsnyy51188 Wrote: I collect Bernie Williams first and formost, Im not at super-collector level yet, but my rule with his stuff is that if it's rare or something you dont see often, I go for it. Other stuff that I see everywhere, I wait to get the lowest price I can. Auto's though, are tough. He's retired so performance isn't a factor. He's not a HOFer, but a Yankee in the dynasty years, he has a premium still.