`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reverse Marketplace?
07-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Reverse Marketplace?
I know collector's can add to their wantlist from the org. I'm thinking about a marketplace for buyers to list. They post what they want and possibly a price they will buy it at. I've heard that it's tough for dealers to list everything in their inventory and keep on top of it.

By allowing people to list their want list in a manner similar to how dealers can list, it may create more opportunities for collectors to find hard to find cards and dealers to make some more money at lower administrative costs.

2000 Absolute Leather & Laces | Chicago Bears TTM | 1999 Finest
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2012, 12:39 AM
RE: Reverse Marketplace?
I agree!

I would like to click on my "want list" & see which collectors/dealers have the most cards (or percentage) of my card "needs/wants"

Also, so I can check out other collectors "wants" in a single list... I can quickly go through that list & upload cards that I have... triggering a notice/email that is automatically sent to that collector's inbox/trade box... letting them know one of their cards popped up.

Then in return, if that collector wants my card, they can either click on an "ignore" button, or send a trade/buy request to me...

This helps with scarce cards... I been looking for SPA 2008-09 Varsity Letters of Lakers.. especially Jordan Farmar & Andrew Bynum "cityname" version.. both are 1/1 cards... I been looking for the last two Farmar cards I need for over two years... if I received a "notice/email" stating that a collector updated their organization, then I can contact them.

I would also like to see what other collectors have in their PC.... not just what they have marked for trade/sell... some collectors have cards "not for trade", but for the right price and/or cards... anything is a possibility.. collectors will always sell their PC cards for the right price!!

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*
10-08-2012, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2012 10:30 AM by tkaplan.)
RE: Reverse Marketplace?
This should be available once we can create and implement an idea we call "Matchmaker." It will match up traders, sellers, and buyers, and provide a way to see who would be a best fit for what you have listed. I'm sorry I don't have a time frame for it, but it is a project we will work on in the future.

BTW - we don't have all the fine-tuning and details, so I couldn't tell you about any ignore buttons, but it is something to think about.

Thanks,
Traci

Auction Coordinator - Beckett Auction Services