`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paterno statue taken down

RE: Paterno statue taken down
Penn State broke zero NCAA penalties. I have no idea why the NCAA feels the need to penalize the athletes. I think that's such a shame.
(07-22-2012, 11:28 AM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: I have VERY VERY strong feelings about this whole Penn St thing! Normally, I'm one who speaks my mind, but the way I feel about this and what I think they should do to the the piece's of s**t involved in this...... I think its best I keep my mouth shut. I dont feel like being banned from this site, cuz I like it here Big Grin

But, back on topic about the statue... I heard they wanna take it down and store it for a while. I say, since we cant dig good ol joe pa up and put him in prison, put the damn statue in prison!!
At the end of the day, Joe Paterno reported this to his superiors. He reported it to the head of the campus police department (which is a real police department). The Governor of Pennsylvania knew (you won't hear anything about that though). The Board of Trustees knew. But Joe is getting blasted from every angle while nothing is said about anyone else. Where's the hate for Mike McQueary who never went to police but instead went home and called his dad.

Joe not using his power to ensure something was done is disappointing to me, but he's farrrrr from a criminal, if you read the facts.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

Not breaking NCAA rules should have something to do with it, but unfortunately the world we live in is not fair and other students/staff who had nothing to with the cover up (presumably) will suffer.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

there was a resemblance between the pose of the paterno statue and pedobear

just sayin'

[Image: ffffpi.jpg]

(07-22-2012, 11:55 AM)mrgonzodad Wrote: Not breaking NCAA rules should have something to do with it, but unfortunately the world we live in is not fair and other students/staff who had nothing to with the cover up (presumably) will suffer.
Just like every other school who had suffered.

Reggie Bush breaks rules in 2004 and 2005 and last year's team suffers.

Pryor and company broke rules and this year's Ohio State team is going to suffer.

Penn State broke zero rules and this year's next year's and who knows what year's team is going to suffer.

Not sure where the common sense is when it comes to the NCAA.
(07-22-2012, 12:02 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: there was a resemblance between the pose of the paterno statue and pedobear

just sayin'

[Image: ffffpi.jpg]
This is what I find comical, especially in the media. Jerry Sandusky rapes children and we have a pedo bear picture next to a Joe Paterno picture.

(07-22-2012, 11:49 AM)mkufta Wrote: Joe not using his power to ensure something was done is disappointing to me, but he's farrrrr from a criminal, if you read the facts.
[Image: alonezbw.jpg]

hurr durr derp
(07-22-2012, 12:02 PM)mkufta Wrote: This is what I find comical, especially in the media. Jerry Sandusky rapes children and we have a pedo bear picture next to a Joe Paterno picture.
if joe pa had done anything resembling what a HUMAN should do, many kids would NOT have been raped. period. stop being an apologist,.

joe pa didnt rape the kids. his inaction led directly to more kids being raped

Inactions? Relaying the information to the head of University Park police is inaction?

Wow and people still stand up for "Papa Joe",absolutely amazing.

Every person at the head of the university that helped cover this up for OVER a DECADE should be treated as criminal child abusers just like Sandusky.If Joe wasn't dead he would just be another one on the list.To bad they won't go after all the people that helped the coverup or the other abusers on staff.

Personally i find it appalling that they are just going to store the statue and leave his name on the library.
Thanks Ironman71635
[Image: hillis.jpg]
I collect Felix Jones,Darren Mcfadden,D.J. Williams (Arkansas TE),Ryan Mallett,and Mike Alstott. Peyton Hillis Super-collector 273/375 73% complete and looking for more.

(07-22-2012, 12:18 PM)mkufta Wrote: Inactions? Relaying the information to the head of University Park police is inaction?
http://deadspin.com/5925408/freeh-report...ew-in-1998

joe pa knew in 1998, and did squat

seriously: stop defending this wretch of a man

(07-22-2012, 12:18 PM)mkufta Wrote: Inactions? Relaying the information to the head of University Park police is inaction?
Yeah your right joe did everything he could to stop this. Like taking it to the state police and firing Sandusky............oh wait he didn't do that did he? Joe is just as guilty as sundusky, when his superiors and campus police did nothing it's joes duty as a human damn being to take it further. For him to continue to employ someone that he knew was raping children makes him a big piece of crap. Ask your self this while you sit there and defend this dirt bag, if it was one of my kids would I be ok with the fact that joe did very little to stop it and didn't even care enough about the children to take it further. I bet if it was one of joes kids he would have done more wouldn't he. I think all the people standing up for Paternos azz should ask themselves that question......what if it were my kid being raped. And then ask yourself this, should it matter that it's not my kid, shouldn't as a parent or ohhhhh I don't know a frighin human being want to protect any child mine or not from the lines of sandusky and paterno. IMO if you can sit back and defend this man your what's wrong with society today. Penn state football program may not have broken any of the recruiting rules or anything like that but for someone to care more about a damn football program than a child is an absolute shame. I say shut down the program, at least then the victims won't have to think about it every Saturday when the game comes on.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

It sucks it had to happen this way, but in the end something had to be done. I'm not sure penalizing their football program, or taking down Joe Pa's statue is the "right thing" to do. But who's to say what the "right thing" to do is, in a situation such as this one. I think these are steps that are being taken to appease the majority of people who feel strongly that there should be severe punishments levied against PSU and all involved in this terrible tragedy. I know these weren't NCAA violations but these were major crimes committed by a coaching staff, and a university, that for a long while have been at the forefront of representing the NCAA as a staff that recently had taken hold of the all-time wins record for a head coach. He was involved in this situation, in whatever capacity, and didn't take the necessary steps to see that these crimes ceased to occur regardless of the fact that he "reported it to his superiors".