`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paterno statue taken down

RE: Paterno statue taken down
I say burn the whole school down... They should be exterminated, every last one of the people responsible for destroying those poor kids lives... I vote death...

(07-22-2012, 11:49 AM)mkufta Wrote: Penn State broke zero NCAA penalties. I have no idea why the NCAA feels the need to penalize the athletes. I think that's such a shame.

At the end of the day, Joe Paterno reported this to his superiors. He reported it to the head of the campus police department (which is a real police department). The Governor of Pennsylvania knew (you won't hear anything about that though). The Board of Trustees knew. But Joe is getting blasted from every angle while nothing is said about anyone else. Where's the hate for Mike McQueary who never went to police but instead went home and called his dad.

Joe not using his power to ensure something was done is disappointing to me, but he's farrrrr from a criminal, if you read the facts.
Numerous things wrong with this!! First, yeah Paterno reported it, but he sat on this info for YEARS!!!!! Secondly, campus police are like mall cops. They are NOT like a real police department!!! And you wanna know why Paterno is getting blasted from every angle...???? Because he's the F**KING face of Penn State!!! DUUUHHHH!!!!! Yeah there are others involved in this and yes they all should suffer a loooooong hrrible and painful death, but good ol joe pa was the face of this F'n nightmare and was portrayed as the lovable old fart with the big nose and coke bottle glasses..... all while HELPING to keep this under wraps and NOT reporting it when he first discovered something was wrong!!!

Maybe YOU need to do a little more fact finding my friend!!
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

The victims should be the deciding factor in whether or not to remove the statue IMO. If they wont it taken down then take it down.

As far as the punishment, a five year television ban would be the best start. Hear no evil, See no evil!

Taking down the statue is the right thing to do. Punishing the individuals involved is the right thing to do. But not the death penalty.

SMU received the death penalty for handing out thousands in cash to recruit players and giving them an advantage over their conference rivals.

No players at Penn State benefitted from this whole sordid affair.

Punish those responsible, but not the students.

I heard that they might punish the whole team for this crap. I dont think the players should suffer for what was done. My neighbor is their star running back (Silas Redd) and he idolized Paterno. He is in his last season and I hope he doesnt have to look for a new school to play for. The whole situation sucks!

looks like they are going to fine the university at least 60 million, which will be donated to children's charities

that isnt enough

and you know what? current players can transfer, and the NCAA can give them special rules so they can transfer and not have to sit a year (so the players wouldnt be hurt that way)

the whole program should be burned to the ground for at least 1 year, and better yet, 3 years. when they come back, they should not be allowed post-season play for 2 more years

AND they should be fined 60 million (a drop in the bucket for the football program if it is allowed to continue)

(07-22-2012, 08:03 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: looks like they are going to fine the university at least 60 million, which will be donated to children's charities

that isnt enough

and you know what? current players can transfer, and the NCAA can give them special rules so they can transfer and not have to sit a year (so the players wouldnt be hurt that way)

the whole program should be burned to the ground for at least 1 year, and better yet, 3 years. when they come back, they should not be allowed post-season play for 2 more years

AND they should be fined 60 million (a drop in the bucket for the football program if it is allowed to continue)
Well said, sir! I would like to see it longer than 3 years, say a nice round 5 years, but I doubt the football team could recover.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

*Warning, if you do not want to read a long but insightful and well-written post on this subject matter then skip. I know many (but not everyone) of you on here do not have exceptional reading skills in the first place so this is perhaps a complete waste of my time anyway, but it is sometimes good to vent. Nevertheless…

:facepalm

This is what I get when I give in to temptation and open a thread like this. Typically I may look over about 5% of the threads on here, which I have not been doing much of anyway lately, but when I do it is football cards related. The reason why is that when OT topics like this are discussed I realize it most likely will contain a number of posts inundated with ignorant opinions and/or juvenile/unfunny humor, and in this case my theory holds true. I do not have the time or ambition to call out everyone but I will make at least one exception.

Jacobystealshome, you are one piece of work. I am glad you find humor in child molestation. There is nothing funnier than that cartoon bear who sexually desires kids. This is why I am willing to bet it never bothered you that your beloved Red Sox also had a clubhouse manager that molested boys on the road for a couple decades, DECADES! You are a flaming hypocrite. Maybe the Red Sox organization should be wiped out as well. Gee, I wonder if any in the Red Sox organization knew but kept quiet about this all this time. It is peculiar the organization instructed Bill James to stop voicing his criticism on the Freeh report recently. For your reading pleasure:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/15...95118.html

I just hope that many of those working for the University and live in the area are also going to be laughing like you when the Pennsylvania economic fallout eventually occurs as a result of this “death penalty” decree tomorrow. I guess punishing hundreds of thousands of people for the heinous actions of just one monster and a small handful of people is really going to help the victims. By the way, no one in the media really cares about these victims, they are being used in this mission to destroy a program and school. Everyone, directly or allegedly directly, involved with this mess is in jail, dead or removed from their post. The replacement university officials have gone out their way to help with the investigation since, but what does that matter?

It is also readily apparent to me that many of you do not understand the true facts of this case either, but I understand why. This is what happens when you subject yourself to a high dosage of mindless sports talk radio, hence this is why the media is so dangerous. You hear something, you accept it as fact and you never try it on for size first. You will take the word of some idiot on ESPN or some other local radio zoo call-in show and you do not even have the mental comprehension to question whether the talking head has an agenda or if they have any idea what they are talking about in the first place. If scumbags could fly ESPN would be an airport hub.

Speaking of which did any of you take the time to sit down and read the Freeh report? You think any of those idiot sports talk radio guys did? Personally, I was very disappointed with it because I thought there would be a “smoking gun” in that 267 page report proving that Paterno’s guilt, but I did not see it. All I read were vague references that somehow someway could be interpreted the way Freeh, who has a checkered past BTW – research it, wanted it. We can convict people on interpretations rather than facts nowadays. I also guess it is acceptable this day and age when we can drag a man’s reputation through the mud, all the easier when he cannot defend himself.

This is not to say that Paterno is not guilty of covering something up, we just do not know yet. However is actions do not indicate that type of behavior – BTW he did go to the police, you know then University Vice President and University Park Police Commissioner Gary Schultze? Familiar to you? Of course not. BTW "Favre guy", the Penn State University Police are not "mall cops", they are a 250 member police force with the same municipal powers overseeing 40K+ mostly on campus residents. I was a student there for five years, I know a lot more about this and other things for that matter.

Like it or not by all accounts Paterno correctly followed the procedures. Did you know that in the state of Pennsylvania, and similar policies may exist in other states, that if a school teacher strongly suspects that one of her/his grade school kids is being molested at home that the school teacher cannot go directly to the police? The school teacher must report it to the school principal. So if the principal ignores the problem is it the school teacher’s fault for following proper procedure? I know some of you internet tough guys would instead take matters in to your own hands, yeah I know.

Within hours NCAA gangster Emmert will be flexing his muscles for all the world to see, and as far as I am concerned I do not care anymore. This nonsense has been going on since November and it’s been senseless and relentless attacks from the main and sports media. Quite frankly I hope they kill the entire football program so the jackals can get their pound of flesh, I am worn down to a nub and I cannot deal with it anymore. Let’s ignore all the good things the program has done all the years including charities (Google Lift for Life). Let us also completely destroy the academic foundation of one of America’s great research facilities and academic while we are at it by taking away it’s means of making money. Of course this is coupled by hundreds of millions in fines and lawsuits the University will endure.

This is what it has come down to, punishment dictated by the press. Yet, a Baylor basketball player KILLS another Baylor basketball player years ago, the coach covers it up and no NCAA punishment is enacted, nothing. This is perhaps due to the fact that it was a criminal issue, much like what happened at Penn State…uh huh. I guess the story is not as interesting if a coaching icon is not affiliated with the program.

In a nutshell the NCAA is making up the rules as they go along. This Sandusky tragedy notwithstanding, this Paterno-led football program has been one of the cleanest in collegiate sports for decades. Graduation rates are near the top year after year, the team hardly ever showboats or knowingly runs up the score and Paterno has been a strong disciplinarian for most of time. Never before has there ever been a needed investigation for playing illegal players, recruiting violations, academic fraud, or accepting gifts from agents (except Curtis Enis but he was quickly booted afterwards for it). I guess through some twisted logic it makes sense for the NCAA to step in and stick their noses where it doesn’t belong. It’s too bad Penn State was never an ESPN media darling like an SEC team or Syracuse (which is a factory for sports media creeps).

Anyway, not that anyone cares, but there is a very good chance that I am done watching college football. I am not even going to bother to rearrange my schedule to hear what Monday morning’s ruling will be. The Nazi NCAA can bring down its hammer so everyone can run to the bathroom and start (self-edit) themselves afterwards. The dream for many tomorrow will finally come true. Ironically I still enjoy this hobby and for the foreseen future I will still collect fellow Penn State players that I concurrently attended college with. I still have my Eagles too.

In passing, to those college fans who support another team, whether you have anything to do with that school or not (and perhaps most of you don’t), do not start gloating over this. If this is how this new power mad NCAA conducts business then eventually there will be other schools in the crosshairs. The NCAA is setting a very dangerous precedent for itself with power mad Emmert at the helm.

Anyway, time for bed so I can rest up for the work week. There are many more important things happening in this country that I am much concerned about so I am keeping this Penn State thing in perspective.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

you are an idiot

anyone that tosses around phrases like "nazi ncaa", "NCAA gangster Emmert" or my favorite "flaming ignorance"

what, pray tell, are you getting at with "flaming", hm?

(07-23-2012, 12:57 AM)nittany13 Wrote: *Warning, if you do not want to read a long but insightful and well-written post on this subject matter then skip. I know many (but not everyone) of you on here do not have exceptional reading skills in the first place so this is perhaps a complete waste of my time anyway, but it is sometimes good to vent. Nevertheless…
Me Mongo. Mongo like candy. Mongo only pawn... in game of life.

We're just damn lucky to be alive and have the ability to read your insightful and well-written posty-thing there. Overblown ego much?
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed