`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heading up to St. Louis for a game this Tuesday.

Heading up to St. Louis for a game this Tuesday.
I'm pretty excited as this will be my first Big League game in about 10 years. I live fairly close to the Sprinfield Cardinals (AA) stadium and have been to several minor league games the past few years, but it just hasn't worked out till this summer to make it back to an MLB game. Dodgers @ Cardinals, Kershaw vs. Wainwright. It looks like it could be a good game!

I do have a question for those who do attend big league games with any regularity. What is the protocol to try to get in-person autographs? I have no idea and it's probably different from stadium to stadium. But if anyone has any tips or pointers, I'd love to hear them! Thanks y'all!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

RE: Heading up to St. Louis for a game this Tuesday.
When I went down there last summer, we went down to the field level wall on the third base side during batting practice. Some of the players came down during warmups and signed autographs including some bullpen no name guys, but also Jose Bautista.

GOOD LUCK

They open the gates two hours before first pitch and anyone with a ticket to get in can go to the field boxes to try for autograph. Because of the heat, they might not take batting practice on the field, but the players start coming out about 30-45 minutes before the game to start stretching. Almost anywhere around either dugout could be a good place to position yourself for any autographs. You just have to decide if you want Cardinals or Dodgers. Good luck. Let us all know how you do.

Thanks for the info friends. I'll be trying for a Cardinals autograph or two. I'm going with 2 others, hopefully I can convince them to show up a couple hours early. If I'm successful, I'll definitely let ya know! Thank you!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

At Busch you'll have better luck getting an autograph from the opposing team. The Cardinal players don't sign much and it gets packed over there anyway. Last season a friend of mine and myself went to a Mets/Cardinals game...he was a Mets fan and wore a Mets jersey and he actually got Jose Reyes to come sign a ball for him. When I go, I don't even bother standing on the Cardinals dugout side.

Well, I just got in from St. Louis about an hour ago which was about 3:30 AM. I'm tired, but I'm still so pumped up from one heck of a game that I doubt I'll get any sleep this morning! What a game! Kershaw looked to have the Cardinals number through 4, but the fireworks started in the 5th and then when the Cards blew up Kershaw in the 6th for 6 runs...wow, I had forgotten the feeling of 40,000 people screaming and cheering! What a great experience! (Almost felt like being back in college going to Jayhawk games in Allen Fieldhouse!)

Anyhow, the bad news. No autos. I did get there early and I did make it down near the Cards dugout...but after standing there for an hour, I just couldn't take it any more. It was 104 degrees outside the stadium, I have no idea how hot it was down there near the field in the sun. I just know I physically couldn't take it anymore. I made my way to the air-conditioned team store and spent way too much money. But autographs or not, the whole experience was worth every gallon of sweat I lost today! I'd do it over tomorrow in a heartbeat, except maybe next time I'll take slufan83's advice and try for the visitors dugout...since it had shade far earlier than the home dugout!

The Dodgers were out signing autographs. My son got seven or eight autos from them including Matt Kemp and Don Mattingly. Better luck next time.