`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bosoxfan1971!!!!

Bosoxfan1971!!!!
Has anyone else traded with Bosoxfan1971???? He has not been on since May 22nd and I have yet to receive my cards from a trade we completed at the beginning of May. Has anyone else done anything with him? This is the first time I have been burned by a trader on this site.

Let me know if anyone else has run into a problem with him please!

RE: Bosoxfan1971!!!!
Certainly not his first time having trade issues. Hopefully it ends up working out for you.

He doesn't have any issues still selling cards on that yardseller site (or something to that effect) or posting on Facebook and to a lesser extent Twitter.

I traded with him before. Took about a month to get the cards, but they did get here. I think they will show up eventually.
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

SERIOUSLY???

He is pulling this crap AGAIN! The same thing happened last summer with him. It started a little early this year. Last year he did the same disappearing act in August. I have been trying to warn people about him for almost a year and they keep ignoring me or saying I'm TOO skeptical. If I hadn't spoke up fast about him last year, a LOT more members would have made deals with him then and been ripped off. I was the 1st member to get my cards out of all the ones he tried to ignore. As soon as I PM'd a MOD and he got a PM from them, he shipped my cards and soon shipped many other packages. It took weeks for most of the others complaining about him to get their cards.
I still say that members who have been BANNED should ALWAYS carry an MSF tag. FOREVER!!! (unless they can prove there was a life-threatening event in their life or were overseas in an area where contact to the outside world is EXTREMELY limited or forbidden).
I just want to add that you will probably get your cards from him eventually, but there is NO telling when it will happen.
He is a bit shady and extremely slow at trading. I still don't know why he bothers to attempt trades.

Seems like this is happening on a larger scale lately with the amount of posts regarding cards or $$ being "stolen" by traders. In 2010 when i finally started trading this kind of stuff was rarely posted, is it me or after the site was upgraded that this started to become more of a problem & more so since the springtime.
Hope you get your cards, 2 months without signing in doesn't sound too good, have you contacted any mods?
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(07-22-2012, 01:02 AM)krn001 Wrote: Seems like this is happening on a larger scale lately with the amount of posts regarding cards or $$ being "stolen" by traders. In 2010 when i finally started trading this kind of stuff was rarely posted, is it me or after the site was upgraded that this started to become more of a problem & more so since the springtime.
Hope you get your cards, 2 months without signing in doesn't sound too good, have you contacted any mods?
Actually, this is pretty common during the summer months. Kids are out of school and college is out as well. They try to do something here and get overwhelmed with responses. They can't handle it and/or don't want to. Scams and bail-outs are way too common during the summer break.
Everyone NEEDS to pay more attention during the summer as to who they are trying to trade with.

(07-22-2012, 01:21 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: Actually, this is pretty common during the summer months. Kids are out of school and college is out as well. They try to do something here and get overwhelmed with responses. They can't handle it and/or don't want to. Scams and bail-outs are way too common during the summer break.
Everyone NEEDS to pay more attention during the summer as to who they are trying to trade with.
+1

exactly. it hasnt been worse since the changeover. the summer cycle though, is in effect

This happened 2 years ago to me, we accepted a trade in October 2010, I got them in March 2011. Oh well, at least I got them. Also, he tried to start another trade with me later, which I wasn't really eager to do..
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)