`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OK, I Get The MJ Thing, But This Is Ridiculous

RE: OK, I Get The MJ Thing, But This Is Ridiculous
(07-21-2012, 07:35 AM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: I don't see a problem with people paying big money on a single card.
At the end of the day the people buying these cards at those prices obviously have disposable income.
I think its great for the hobby and can only make the thrill of pulling a hi end MJ from a pack, worth the insane amount of money wasted on buying packs/boxes.
Not only that, everytime a card sells for a premium price, it sets the market and raises its demand.
If we didn't have people in the hobby fighting to get those kind of cards and pay big money to get them, then we would see a huge decrease in value of the cards we already own.
Yeah, I get that ... but $2,000+ ???

My post is more about relevance/common sense than an explanation — $2,000+ for an insert?
(07-21-2012, 01:03 PM)m1000 Wrote: well, if you have a reggie miler fleer classic '61 /61 like you say, have you even tried to do some research on past ebay sales on that card? you're surely get more than the $10 you mentioned twice in your posts.

Last April, I saw one sell for $112.75 on ebay. I don't normally keep track of his sales, but I'm sure if you stick yours on ebay, it will end closer to $100 than $10.

MIKE
I'm heading into the garage RIGHT NOW ... thanks, Mike! LOL