Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a mis-print?

Is this a mis-print?
Hi all! Cyndi here. (Evan's Mom)

Today is Evan's birthday, and he received a box of cards from his grandma.

He received a Topps Golden Giveaway 2012 Series Two box of 72 cards.

As we were entering them into his organize, HE discovered a card that seems to be a mis-print.

In the box, we have the following:

#391 Barajas
#395 Lucroy

AND (the card in question) Rod Barajas #395 (Identical to #391, but numbered 395)

We can't find it here on Beckett.com or on CheckOutMyCards.com

What do we do?
p.s. - We also have a 1987 Mike Maddux 553 card that wasn't cut properly. The top of the card was cutoff, and the top of the next card shows, although we can't make out who it was. We can tell the next card is a cubs card and the first digit in the card number is 4, but nothing more than that.

How do we handle cards like these?

RE: Is this a mis-print?
391 was a print flaw and was upside down

395 is the corrected version but shares the same # as another card.

As for finding it in the org I don't know as I don't have either lol
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

The mike maddux is a miscut but not an error so its actually a flawed card...... The barajas I have no idea lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(07-18-2012, 09:34 PM)HeyFitzy Wrote: 391 was a print flaw and was upside down

395 is the corrected version but shares the same # as another card.

As for finding it in the org I don't know as I don't have either lol
Thanks!

We'll figure this all out...one day. Wink

(07-18-2012, 11:13 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: The mike maddux is a miscut but not an error so its actually a flawed card...... The barajas I have no idea lol
Thanks!

OK, then, are we safe to assume it's a worthless card to anyone, and to keep it wouldn't be of any value unless we were a die-hard mike maddux fan?

(07-20-2012, 01:47 PM)EvanInTexas Wrote: OK, then, are we safe to assume it's a worthless card to anyone, and to keep it wouldn't be of any value unless we were a die-hard mike maddux fan?
yes thats basically it, unless you find a die hard maike maddux fan or someone that collects flawed cards.....
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s