`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Bay Question (pics added)

RE: Quick Bay Question (pics added)
seller said it was a mistake as they posted some 1000 listings last week (used same pic from a previous auction) although that seems a bit fishy... I have no real reason to disbelieve the seller so I will send back and get refund.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

I guess the biggest question to ask yourself when it comes to his offer is...
Would you have paid $20 for that card KNOWING how bad the centering is? If so, then I guess his $5 refund works, but I'd definately make a note of the switch in his FB.

Me personally I doubt I'd have paid more than $15 for that one as it sits. If it were me I'd just return for a full refund. I know how big a Jr. collector you are and doubt you really want that one in your collection.
As for getting the refund before you send it back, you can ask, but sellers aren't required to refund your money until they receive the item back.

Hope whatever you decide to do goes smoothly!

[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

Im an easy going guy on ebay, so I would send the cards back first before expecting a refund as thats how things work in real life. Plus you could still open a claim if you didnt get the refund later. BUT..I would also still leave negative feedback for this dude because he isnt offering you the card pictured which shows me he is definitely trying to screw people. He will offer you $5 to be a sucker, or just refund your money because he isnt getting away with it. Its all about principle to me. I understand people make mistakes and things go wrong sometimes and thats why Im easy on people. But when things are deliberate, it changes everything.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Unfortunately, caveat emptor applies here. I always ask every seller, "Is the card the in the picture the actual card I will receive if I have the winning bid?" If I get no response, I do not bid; if I do get the response I am looking for (i.e., "Yes.") and I win the item it always matches the picture exactly. I might be lucky, but I am also careful.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(07-19-2012, 11:03 AM)jonathani Wrote: Unfortunately, caveat emptor applies here. I always ask every seller, "Is the card the in the picture the actual card I will receive if I have the winning bid?" If I get no response, I do not bid; if I do get the response I am looking for (i.e., "Yes.") and I win the item it always matches the picture exactly. I might be lucky, but I am also careful.

JonathanI
That is a good way to be careful, but I have bought over 700 items and never asked that question, yet i received the one in the picture every time. You really only have to ask that plain cards though because most cards these days have a serial number, auto, jsy piece or so on.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/