`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I just came back to the Beckett Boards after a few years of just chilling.

Can't figure out a few things here, hopefully someone can help me out.

When you search someone elses traders, can you not see the pictures?

Can I add pictures to my own collection if Beckett doesn't have them?

Can we sort by price in either our collection or someone elses?

Can we sort by other trader's locations? Would like to meet with traders in my area, Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Thanks for your help.

I just downloaded a portion of my Martin Brodeur Collection for trade and hoping to get some Bobby Clarke and Flyer cards. Also interested in Winnipeg Jets, Bobby Orr and Don Cherry. I will also be trading away my McFarlane Collection (all sports).

Cheers Wayne

RE: Newbie
First off, welcome back to the boards!
Pictures are usually hosted elsewhere, like photobucket. Sometimes Beckett will have a stock photo, but it may not be the same as the card you're trading for.
You can add them, as far as I know, I've put in a few, but never checked back to see if they went into the database.
I've never figured out how to sort by price, which can be irritating, and I've never looked by location, so maybe someone else can offer an answer. Anyway, best of luck with trading here!
-Chris
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

welcome and i sent u an offer for a brodeur

pm sent

Welcome back

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

Hi Wayne, welcome back...come chill with us anytime.

"When you search someone elses traders, can you not see the pictures?"

You can only if Beckett has uploaded the picture into its database. There's no way to display your actual card through the trade tool. It'll be a close approximation at best, unless your card's the one being used in their database.

"Can I add pictures to my own collection if Beckett doesn't have them?"

I believe there's a way to upload pictures of your cards into the main database, but it's not very often used and I don't know how to do it. Like mentioned above, most people use an image hosting site to store their pictures, and then link them here as necessary to show off or trade.

"Can we sort by price in either our collection or someone elses?"

There's no way to sort by price period, though I believe we've been promised the ability to at least sort by price when looking through someone else's collection in the future. It's been over a year since the site switched over and no word. You might notice that the starred items that both traders want from each other no longer appear at the beginning of the list, like it used to on the old site. Apparently, that will change too someday.

If you want to organize your collection by price (they will probably never offer that actual option), what I do is open up a sale value column in my Organize, enter the Beckett High price, and then use that button to sort by price since you can sort by any category in the Org except for BV. It's a pain, but it's the only way I can think of doing it

"Can we sort by other trader's locations? Would like to meet with traders in my area, Winnipeg, Manitoba."

Right now, we're just pulling for the site to be fully operational. I don't recall hearing about any formal system that Beckett's planning to use to encourage local networking. But meetups do occasionally happen anyway...just ask around.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

welcome back

if you have any other questions feel free to ask and we try to help you out
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Welcome back. It appears you are a fan of the Orange and Black!
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

Welcome back to the boards! I would say that Al (ricebondsmntna2young) has you steered in the right path. The site seems to still be a work in progress, and has been for a while now. We are all confident (hoping) that it will be up to stated standards in the future. If there is anything that you need, do not hesitate to ask one of the more experienced members. This is a great community and we are all more than willing to help each other out!

Randi

Thanks Guys, much appreciated, still trying to get use to this new system. I find the best way to get use to it, is to get lost and keep looking and find something else new and interesting.

I even have couple trades on the go, wish me luck.