`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ebay non payers?

RE: Ebay non payers?
(07-17-2012, 03:10 PM)bman12 Wrote: I dont understand how someone does not pay right when they win or the next day.I have bought a bunch of times on ebay and i pay as soon as i win or the very next day depending on when the bidding ends.To me its simple dont bid if you dont have the money to pay with that said i hope you get your money.

+1

Yeah, I file a claim the second that timer expires. 4 days is MORE than enough to pay. It takes 30 seconds to pay. If there are extenuating circumstances and I get an email explanation, that is fine. Otherwise, if you can't find 30 seconds in 4 days to make good on your payment.... I assure you I can find 30 seconds to file an unpaid item strike. In 450 Ebay transactions, I have paid in less than 24 hours on all but 1. Maybe my expectations are too high, but I expect all buyers to pay me the same courtesy I show the sellers when I buy something.

I will give you an example that I ran into a couple of weeks back. I was heading out on vacation at around 8 a.m. on a Tuesday and a card I wanted ended just after midnight on Monday night. I waited up until I won it and decided I would pay when I got to my vacation destination. I always carry my laptop on vacations/travel and did so this time as well.

But when I got to where I was going, I had no internet access. Like I have said before, I don't have an Iphone or Ipad. So I had no way to pay, no way to log on to the internet or anything. I was stuck at a lake house with no internet capabilities.

Luckily I was only there for 5 days. And when I got back, the guy hadn't followed up with a non-paying yet, so I was relieved. I paid the night I got back home and hooked my computer up.

That was just an example of how it could take 3-4 or more days to pay. It's not a typical example, but it's something I went through.

I typically pay immediately after winning an auction. But sometimes (like in this instance) I couldn't do that.

(07-17-2012, 03:10 PM)bman12 Wrote: I dont understand how someone does not pay right when they win or the next day.I have bought a bunch of times on ebay and i pay as soon as i win or the very next day depending on when the bidding ends.To me its simple dont bid if you dont have the money to pay with that said i hope you get your money.

(07-17-2012, 03:18 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Yeah, I file a claim the second that timer expires. 4 days is MORE than enough to pay. It takes 30 seconds to pay. If there are extenuating circumstances and I get an email explanation, that is fine. Otherwise, if you can't find 30 seconds in 4 days to make good on your payment.... I assure you I can find 30 seconds to file an unpaid item strike. In 450 Ebay transactions, I have paid in less than 24 hours on all but 1. Maybe my expectations are too high, but I expect all buyers to pay me the same courtesy I show the sellers when I buy something.
Yeah, plus 1 billion ... Most of the time I ship on the same day I receive payment, so it is really annoying when people drag their feet.

It seems like if you wanted something bad enough to go online, look for it and bid on it, wouldn't you want it in your hands as soon as possible?

(07-17-2012, 03:23 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: But when I got to where I was going, I had no internet access. Like I have said before, I don't have an Iphone or Ipad. So I had no way to pay, no way to log on to the internet or anything. I was stuck at a lake house with no internet capabilities.
You could have driven into town and found a hot spot (At a hotel or Coffee Shop etc.) and hooked up that way.

Last time I went on vacation I ended up outside a Hotel to get acess.

These days with Paypal and Bill me Later there is no excuse for not paying quickly. I like using Bill me Later because it makes it possible to pay all of my Ebay bills at one time.

Ray

I waited about a week and a half before I relisted the items. I did send an invoice twice but I did'nt contact ebay about it. I just relisted unless your fees are already really high