`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ebay sales advice
07-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Ebay sales advice
I am going to sell some of my 2012 ginter stuff. All of the relics, I am just going to use a 3 day auction. I was just wondering on the 2 higher end things if I should auction them and let them go, or use a BIN/BO. Also if I go that route what should I list as the BIN price?

1) Koufax Mini Framed Auto Redemption
2) Pujols N43 Relic #/25

Any advice would be appreciated.

Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2012, 07:45 AM
RE: Ebay sales advice
nice cards btw!! i would do the auction. i believe that ebay charges little bit extra for BIN options.
hope that helps.
thanks
07-16-2012, 07:52 AM
The extra they charge for BIN stuff is so tiny, it really doesn't even matter. I still think you should do an auction though. I always start my auctions at $0.99 for the most popular stuff. That way I get as many watchers as I can early and those are usually the people (like me) that set up a snipe bid. Seems the more action I get early on in an auction, the higher it ends up.

Also, I think people that use BIN/BO sometimes screw themselves. If the BIN is too high, even of the seller would take far less, I won't offer. If there are people with a BIN that is much higher than what I would expect it to sell for, I won't even waste my time.

[Image: foster_2_3.jpg]
(Thanks to phinzphan1372 for sig!)

Always looking for Arian Foster, Josh Hamilton, and Walter Payton
Click HERE to see my bucket!
07-16-2012, 08:15 AM
I would auction at .99 too, especially with newer stuff, you'll get tons of action from player collectors and hardcore set collectors

[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]
07-16-2012, 09:07 AM
(07-16-2012 08:15 AM)petesahuttt Wrote:  I would auction at .99 too, especially with newer stuff, you'll get tons of action from player collectors and hardcore set collectors

Now I read this post. right after I put my stuff on the bay. well i guess you live and you learn but i know for next time.

07-16-2012, 10:17 AM
(07-16-2012 08:15 AM)petesahuttt Wrote:  I would auction at .99 too, especially with newer stuff, you'll get tons of action from player collectors and hardcore set collectors

This is key.

-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-
07-16-2012, 02:34 PM
I honestly won't bid on any of the newer mini's other than a cheap snipe on the NNO's. The prices in the beginning are way higher than in a month from now.

[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]