`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-End Vintage Graded by BVG....Re-Submit to PSA or SGC?

High-End Vintage Graded by BVG....Re-Submit to PSA or SGC?
Just looking for opinions on this...

I have the opportunity to pick up a 1954 Topps Aaron RC at a good price, but it's graded by BVG, and I know that's not really the ideal company. If I picked it up, would it be worth it to re-submit to PSA or SGC?
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

RE: High-End Vintage Graded by BVG....Re-Submit to PSA or SGC?
for sure... BVG for whatever reason is very trusted among vintage collectors. if its a card for your pc, then i say really its up to you. if you are never gonna re sell it then doesnt matter who graded it.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

I have a cardinal rule of psa for vintage
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

If it's for your PC, then just go with whatever company you are most comfortable with.

If it's for resale, I'd go with PSA.

Personally I like the BVG holders better, for some reason the cards move around in the PSA holders.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(07-15-2012, 01:50 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Personally I like the BVG holders better, for some reason the cards move around in the PSA holders.
Yeah most of them do wiggle around. I'm not an authority or anything, but all my graded cards are PSA except a handful.I think they do a good job grading vintage. Every once in awhile though, you'll see one that the grading doesnt seem accurate. But thats with any grading company I think.

[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

After seeing and reading about the Dmitri Young collection, I do not trust PSA to grade anything. I'd stay with the BVG or resubmit to SGC. I personally like the BVG slabs.
[Image: sig-1.jpg]