`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/1 autos

RE: 1/1 autos
(07-15-2012, 03:53 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: sticker autos are not on card autos. they are in essence, no different than cut autos
exactly! so if you just sold the auto minus the card it was on and marked it 1/1 then in essence it would be no different from any other cut auto. But if you put a auto on a card then of course it would be different based on the rarity of the card and condition. finally someone understands...lol

lord almighty, you miss the point entirely

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...r2wgrLdG5w

I can't believe this thread has gone on this long. They put that cut auto in a set, number it 1/1 because it's the only auto of that player or person of importance in that set or subset. That's what makes it a 1/1 and more valuable to collectors, simply because it's the only one of that player in that set or subset. If that doesn't make sense to you, I don't know how else to explain it.
[Image: KershawBlueRefAutoRC.jpg][Image: StantonRefractorAuto.jpg]

(07-15-2012, 09:04 PM)mffpatrick Wrote: I can't believe this thread has gone on this long. They put that cut auto in a set, number it 1/1 because it's the only auto of that player or person of importance in that set or subset. That's what makes it a 1/1 and more valuable to collectors, simply because it's the only one of that player in that set or subset. If that doesn't make sense to you, I don't know how else to explain it.
lol....i do understand thats what ive been saying all along. my opinion is that i think its stupid that people pay ridiculously high prices for those. thats what ive been saying all along. thats just my opinion. If you want to pay hundreds or thousands more simply because its a "1/1" of that set than thats up to you. as a auto collector i think people are crazy for doing that.
(07-15-2012, 04:09 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: lord almighty, you miss the point entirely
No i do get the point. I simply said i think its ridiculous that people pay so much for them simply because its a "1/1". As a auto collector thats just plain stupid.Half of the "1/1" cut autos that these companies put out usually look like crap

(07-15-2012, 09:39 PM)blackitalian Wrote: No i do get the point. I simply said i think its ridiculous that people pay so much for them simply because its a "1/1". As a auto collector thats just plain stupid.Half of the "1/1" cut autos that these companies put out usually look like crap
I do agree with this. I've been collecting strictly Nolan Ryan since I began collecting cards in the Summer of 1990. And I began collecting Beckett Graded Nolans in 2002 after my brain surgery in 2001. I only own one 1/1 Nolan Ryan b/c either they're too expensive or they don't measure up condition wise (the auto is messed up or the card's condition is not to my liking).
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(07-15-2012, 02:50 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: whats the difference between a sticker auto and a cut auto?
One has sticky stuff on the back.
I'm always amazed when people want to dump on other people in the hobby based on what they collect, why they collect it, and/or how much they spend on it. We're all essentially doing the same thing, just different avenues of doing it.

This thread is hilarious Smile
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

(07-17-2012, 09:12 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: One has sticky stuff on the back.
I'm always amazed when people want to dump on other people in the hobby based on what they collect, why they collect it, and/or how much they spend on it. We're all essentially doing the same thing, just different avenues of doing it.
I started this thread as my own personal opinion about autographs. Im simply making a point that 1/1 autos are a waste in MY OPINION as a auto collector. Theyre not even close to worth the money they go for from a autograph collector point of view. the majority of real auto collectors wouldnt touch half of those 1/1 cut autos because the majority of them look like s**t.

Just for reference, my post (minus the last sentence that has no bearing):
(07-17-2012, 09:12 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I'm always amazed when people want to dump on other people in the hobby based on what they collect, why they collect it, and/or how much they spend on it.
Followed up by:
(07-17-2012, 08:40 PM)blackitalian Wrote: I started this thread as my own personal opinion about autographs. Im simply making a point that 1/1 autos are a waste in MY OPINION as a auto collector. Theyre not even close to worth the money they go for from a autograph collector point of view. the majority of real auto collectors wouldnt touch half of those 1/1 cut autos because the majority of them look like s**t.
To show what I was talking about in the first place:
(07-14-2012, 02:27 PM)blackitalian Wrote: the people that think these 1/1's are somehow better than a regular cut auto need some serious help
(07-15-2012, 02:57 AM)blackitalian Wrote: ...makes no sense at all and anybody that spends that thousands of dollars is a idiot for thinking that theyre auto is any more valuable then his other autos
(07-15-2012, 02:44 PM)blackitalian Wrote: I just think people are gullible to think that theyre cut auto is really more valuable than any other cut auto.
And let's wrap it up with one of my all time favorites. I love when people whip this one out, as if they are some higher being of "collector".
(07-15-2012, 03:24 PM)blackitalian Wrote: so youre not a real collector then.
That's great that you have your opinion and that you felt like sharing. However, just like the real world, other people are going to believe differently than you and are going to share their views in response. I just don't see any need to dump on other people or call others, even generally, names as if they are inferior based on what/how they choose to spend their money in this hobby. No, I'm not thin skinned, pretty thick skinned actually. I just believe in common decency. That's MY opinion.