`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/1 autos

RE: 1/1 autos
(07-15-2012, 01:57 PM)blackitalian Wrote: Im talking about cut autos like the leaf oval office, mystery cuts, and the ones upper deck has where its a cut auto put into a card holder and marked 1/1. youre right if it was a auto directly on the card of course itd be more valuable and id understand the high prices, but when its just a cut on a index card or piece of paper and labeled 1/1 by these companies then how is that any more valuable then just buying a regular cut auto??? for example..you can buy a cut auto of hank aaron for around $100-$200, but because a company puts a cut auto and marks it 1/1 because they decided to only make 1 now all the sudden its worth hundreds more?? thats just plain stupid. the fact is its still a cut auto with or without the case.
Maybe these aren't for you.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(07-15-2012, 01:57 PM)blackitalian Wrote: Im talking about cut autos like the leaf oval office, mystery cuts, and the ones upper deck has where its a cut auto put into a card holder and marked 1/1. youre right if it was a auto directly on the card of course itd be more valuable and id understand the high prices, but when its just a cut on a index card or piece of paper and labeled 1/1 by these companies then how is that any more valuable then just buying a regular cut auto??? for example..you can buy a cut auto of hank aaron for around $100-$200, but because a company puts a cut auto and marks it 1/1 because they decided to only make 1 now all the sudden its worth hundreds more?? thats just plain stupid. the fact is its still a cut auto with or without the case.
thats the case for any kind of auto then. by your theory, if a player signs a sticker, then the company puts it on a card, and it's related parallels, in your eyes, the cards with that sticker auto should be worth the same if it is numbered to 100 or 1, because duh, same sticker

and further, that also goes for ANY parallel, auto or not

(07-15-2012, 02:15 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: thats the case for any kind of auto then. by your theory, if a player signs a sticker, then the company puts it on a card, and it's related parallels, in your eyes, the cards with that sticker auto should be worth the same if it is numbered to 100 or 1, because duh, same sticker

and further, that also goes for ANY parallel, auto or not
No because most of the time they only make a limited number of that particular card in variations ex. refractor, super-refractor, etc. so the card has its own value, then the auto raises the value. but when it comes to CUT autos, NOT ON CARDS, the value should be no different. I saw a guy pull a "1/1" babe ruth auto from a pack and try to sell it for 6k. You can buy a babe ruth cut auto for way less than that. so what im saying is a CUT AUTO IS SIMPLY A CUT AUTO. Just because a card manufacturer decides to put that cut auto in a case and say its a 1/1 how does that make it anymore valuable or different than any other cut auto???
(07-15-2012, 02:11 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Maybe these aren't for you.
Theyre definintly not for me at all. I just think people are gullible to think that theyre cut auto is really more valuable than any other cut auto. EVERY AUTO OUT THERE IS A 1/1..lol

(07-15-2012, 02:44 PM)blackitalian Wrote: No because most of the time they only make a limited number of that particular card in variations ex. refractor, super-refractor, etc. so the card has its own value, then the auto raises the value. but when it comes to CUT autos, NOT ON CARDS, the value should be no different. I saw a guy pull a "1/1" babe ruth auto from a pack and try to sell it for 6k. You can buy a babe ruth cut auto for way less than that. so what im saying is a CUT AUTO IS SIMPLY A CUT AUTO. Just because a card manufacturer decides to put that cut auto in a case and say its a 1/1 how does that make it anymore valuable or different than any other cut auto???
whats the difference between a sticker auto and a cut auto?

[quote='jacobystealshome' pid='2069672' dateline='1342381824']

whats the difference between a sticker auto and a cut auto

Nothing at all except a sticker auto is signed on a sticker and a cut auto is signed on a piece of paper or index card. thats pretty obvious

(07-15-2012, 02:58 PM)blackitalian Wrote: [quote='jacobystealshome' pid='2069672' dateline='1342381824']

whats the difference between a sticker auto and a cut auto

Nothing at all except a sticker auto is signed on a sticker and a cut auto is signed on a piece of paper or index card. thats pretty obvious
exactly. so go back to my point above.

either one os slapped onto a card (or into)_, and variations are thusly produced

if cut autos are not worth more, because they are all just cut autos, the same goes for sticker autos

(07-15-2012, 03:00 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: exactly. so go back to my point above.

either one os slapped onto a card (or into)_, and variations are thusly produced

if cut autos are not worth more, because they are all just cut autos, the same goes for sticker autos
i really dont think youre understanding my point. lol....If the company just sold the sticker auto by itself WITHOUT being on a card and marked it 1/1 then YES it should be no different in value than if you were to buy a sticker auto that wasnt marked 1/1 because its still just a auto. Im not talking about cards with autos at all. Im talking about the auto itself. Of course a card is worth more with a auto on it because the auto itself adds value. But if you took away the card and just sold the auto it should be no different in value than any other cut auto because no two signatures are the same so in theory EVERY autograph is a 1/1 so why arent regular cuts going for the same price as these companies suppsed "1/1 cut autos? Again im not talking about on card autos at all

My head is about to burst...Ok let me ask this question which would you rather own of your favorite player whomever it may be: a cut auto marked 1/1. or an auto on card from the same company in the same year that was numbered /50?
The cut auto is a piece of history that a company bought and crammed into a cardboard holder, most of them look mighty nice. I suppose I understand the feable premise that "all autos are 1/1" I dont buy it but I understand it, its the cut auto and the cardboard holder that it is so gently crammed into that create a combination that is rare or unique and causes such clammor for them. If you dont like it, dont pay 6k for one, sit back and laugh at the rest of us who get it, and spend your 6k on unnumbered items that go for $10 a pop and see how great your collection is.
Tim Wakefield
656/839 78%
617/643 96% Non 1 of 1s
67/93 Autos
46/60 Memorabilia
39 one of ones

(07-15-2012, 03:12 PM)bondssf2425 Wrote: My head is about to burst...Ok let me ask this question which would you rather own of your favorite player whomever it may be: a cut auto marked 1/1. or an auto on card from the same company in the same year that was numbered /50?
The cut auto is a piece of history that a company bought and crammed into a cardboard holder, most of them look mighty nice. I suppose I understand the feable premise that "all autos are 1/1" I dont buy it but I understand it, its the cut auto and the cardboard holder that it is so gently crammed into that create a combination that is rare or unique and causes such clammor for them. If you dont like it, dont pay 6k for one, sit back and laugh at the rest of us who get it, and spend your 6k on unnumbered items that go for $10 a pop and see how great your collection is.
so youre not a real collector then. Youre saying your just paying for the holder instead of the auto. Im not talking at all about card collectors im talking about autograph collectors. AGAIN WHY DO YOU KEEP BRINGING UP ON-CARD AUTOS???? Im not talking about those at all. those are in a whole different category because first you have the card value and rarity and second you have the auto value. IM TALKING ABOUT CUT AUTOS NOT ON CARDS. lol...Im saying sticking a CUT AUTO into a holder and marking it 1/1 can be said for every single CUT AUTO out there because EVERY CUT AUTO IS A 1/1 but just because the company only decided to do that to one cut auto then why all of the sudden is it worth hundreds or thousands more when in actuality its simply a CUT AUTO crammed into a case. So does that mean if i cram a CUT AUTO into a case and mark it 1/1 then magically it becomes more valuable???

sticker autos are not on card autos. they are in essence, no different than cut autos