`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Chipper Jones!

Thank you Chipper Jones!
I've never posted here on the baseball boards simply because I don't collect it but figured this was the best place for it. I've grown up watching the Braves ever since I was little and remember playing Babe Ruth(12-15yr-old) league ball and wanting to be Chipper Jones. It has been a blast watching him play and he is the last of the great 90's Braves. With Bobby Cox gone and all the great pitching we will miss him out there on the bases.
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

RE: Thank you Chipper Jones!
He still has half a season left!
[Image: bWSA7.png]
Collecting: Alfonso Soriano and Boston Red Sox

(07-11-2012, 12:55 PM)bazooka joe Wrote: He still has half a season left!
Yeah I know but I loved that All-Star Game. Did you see the speech he gave?

ALways liked chipper jones and im a phillies fan lol!!! always sad to see these guys leave the game. I actually wear number 10 on my softball uniform lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(07-11-2012, 10:52 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: ALways liked chipper jones and im a phillies fan lol!!! always sad to see these guys leave the game. I actually wear number 10 on my softball uniform lol
A phillies fan liking a brave! JK, it is sad to watch the older guys I grew up watching leave. I remember when Ripken left, that was sad! Oh well, with everyone that leaves someone steps up to take their place. Watching Heyward has been exciting at least

(07-12-2012, 12:36 AM)mooncricket916 Wrote: A phillies fan liking a brave! JK, it is sad to watch the older guys I grew up watching leave. I remember when Ripken left, that was sad! Oh well, with everyone that leaves someone steps up to take their place. Watching Heyward has been exciting at least
Just saw him smack a HR against the mets!!! cant beat that!! lol

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I am a diehard Mets fan and having seen Chipper hurt us so many times it kills me to say this but he is a class act and he will no doubt be a first ballot inductee in to the Hall of Fame. I am hoping that when Chipper plays his last game at Citifield on September 9th that the fans there on that day give Chipper a standing ovation for what he means to baseball. With all the steroid issues and performance enhancing drugs that have stung baseball for this man to do what he has done is priceless.

Signed,

A Met fan who will always respect Chipper Jones.

(07-14-2012, 09:14 AM)jbjints Wrote: I am a diehard Mets fan and having seen Chipper hurt us so many times it kills me to say this but he is a class act and he will no doubt be a first ballot inductee in to the Hall of Fame. I am hoping that when Chipper plays his last game at Citifield on September 9th that the fans there on that day give Chipper a standing ovation for what he means to baseball. With all the steroid issues and performance enhancing drugs that have stung baseball for this man to do what he has done is priceless.

Signed,

A Met fan who will always respect Chipper Jones.
Very well said, guys like Chipper Jones and what he means to fans and the game is what keeps love for the game in my heart.
Collecting Baseball Rookie Cards

He has 2 hits against johan santana right now, I think he´s 26 shy of 2700

The last hit he tattooed to center field. The same umpire who called Valdespin out yesterday has had an inconsistent strike zone today and letting Bourn call time was a questionable call too. Just venting lol.