`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Basketball, But an Amazing Story

Not Basketball, But an Amazing Story
i think all card collectors could only dream of this happening to themselves.
http://news.yahoo.com/baseball-cards-ohi...--spt.html
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

RE: Not Basketball, But an Amazing Story
Great read. Thanks for sharing! Lucky *****
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

I read this earlier. I hate reading these stories (because it never happens to me, lol), JK. Everytime someone finds a hidden jewel, I always believe that my turn is coming soon. Maybe it will be my collection that someone finds in 100 years, lol.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

My wife's sister and her family live directly across the street from the guy who was in the story. I saw him outside earlier when I went to pick up my daughter for whom my sister-in-law babysits for. It wasn't until i got home that i read the story and was in complete astonishment. He owns a restaurant in town and sponsors a little league team, but I'm not sure how far his interest in sports or sports cards go. You better believe that if he's outside tomorrow or Thursday I'm going to have to talk to him about his find!!
I collect Michael Jordan base, insert and high end insert cards from his RC to t
he 1998-99 season. I also collect rookie cards from the four major sports in th
e 70's, 80's and 90's.

surprise there is no mention of his restaraunt in the article, it would be good publicity for business.

(07-10-2012, 03:54 PM)mj23supercollector Wrote: My wife's sister and her family live directly across the street from the guy who was in the story. I saw him outside earlier when I went to pick up my daughter for whom my sister-in-law babysits for. It wasn't until i got home that i read the story and was in complete astonishment. He owns a restaurant in town and sponsors a little league team, but I'm not sure how far his interest in sports or sports cards go. You better believe that if he's outside tomorrow or Thursday I'm going to have to talk to him about his find!!
It is trully a small world, lol.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

yeah, very small world. Who knows how many times I've seen him in the past month or so when all this was going down and I had no idea...

Wish i could be even 1% that lucky...All my house had in it when I moved in it were empty drawers, wall paper and a half-dozen mouse traps
I collect Michael Jordan base, insert and high end insert cards from his RC to t
he 1998-99 season. I also collect rookie cards from the four major sports in th
e 70's, 80's and 90's.

lol, imagine if he would have asked you to clean out the attic, "you can have anything in there you want, just clean it out" that would be crazy!!!!!