`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love or hate this whole YouTube box break thing?

RE: Love or hate this whole YouTube box break thing?
(07-09-2012, 08:21 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: There was one foul-mouthed kid that pulled a Bryce Harper auto/5 or something out of last year's Bowman, and downgraded it like three BGS grades in 10 seconds just by the way he handled the corners and slapped it down on the desk.
I remember watching that video. I got sick to my stomach that some little snot pulled that sick of a card and how he handled the card.

I know Chris from Cards Infinity does a ton of breaks, which I love watching. He kinda handles the packs in a questionable manner but still good.

It's nice seeing breaks on YouTube but threads on here and reading stories are just as good too.
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

I must say that I am a "Youtuber" and break most of my boxes on there. I love watching vids just to see what comes out of a box, good or bad cards. I am addicted to watching videos and I watch some everyday. For me, box breaking on youtube have increased my love of collecting. This hobby is about sharing. Looking at scans of cards are nice, but who is to say that someone didn't just go to photobucket and upload a Nolan Ryan one of one, post it on here and said that they pulled it. I am really quite sure that it don't happen, but seeing cards pulled live, is so much better than scan to me. Now, I have seen some fake packs opened on there, but i make sure I don't watch any their videos again. There is always something to watch on there. Here on the boards, its sketchy. I honestly haven't looked at any of the box breaks boards on here since at least December. I need to go back an catch up.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

i'd rather look at scans then watch a 10 minute poor quality video.
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

I would much rather see scans (actual scans not photos) of breaks. I look at it this way, someone spends tons of money on wax, you can afford a scanner to scan the cards and not use a cell phone to post pictures.
Collecting any and everything LOST 112/138 (81%) LOST autographed cards and 33/95 (35%) LOST Memorabilia Cards.

In theory, they seem like something that I would like, but i find them completely unwatchable. I am risking sounding like a cranky old man (I'm 33, for what it's worth, and admittedly somewhat cranky), but I can't stand this whole generation that is so arrogant, self-centered and narcissistic that they think everyone on earth wants to know everything about every mundane detail, thought, and activity that occurs in their life. That includes videoing EVERYTHING they do and posting on YouTube, updating their Facebook page with the most mundane details, posting 500 pics that they take of themselves (you SERIOUSLY don't have a friend that will take your picture?!?!) and tweeting even more pointless details/thoughts/incoherent ramblings.

Sorry for that, it's early and I am only about 1/4 the way through my morning Nos energy drink
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

I've made a couple of box break videos with my buddy and had a great time doing it. I also like watching them, but the narrator has to be either interesting or fast.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

(07-10-2012, 07:05 AM)mcflysportscards Wrote: I would much rather see scans (actual scans not photos) of breaks. I look at it this way, someone spends tons of money on wax, you can afford a scanner to scan the cards and not use a cell phone to post pictures.
I agree. If you going to show a picture of a card, scan it. The quality is so much better.
(07-10-2012, 07:04 AM)pyr0punk Wrote: i'd rather look at scans then watch a 10 minute poor quality video.
It depends on the video you watch. Like i said, I watch videos every day. At least 30-40 (my job allows me to set at a desk with internet access) and I rarely see a poor quality video. I know I can't stand seeing kids open boxes. They handle cards like slobbed on candy. As for the timeing of videos, the suspense is what it is all about. Maybe that next pack has that 1/1 bat barrel, that tiple auto /3. Most of the time, boxes suck. The videos on youtube is so much better because:

1) More videos are posted on youtube, so you really get to see what comes out of a product. On boards, you may get 3-5 posts of a box, whereas you get 10-20 videos of boxes and a case or two.

2) You really see the product card for card, versus the few good base cards and the hits.

3) Suspense. Why watch a 2 hour movie if you only want to see the good part! Yes, you can look here for the results, but you can look at videos and see the shock, aw, and suprise live of a pull.

I am not trying to convince anyone one way or the other. I do like both, the board scans, and videos. To each their own, but knocking box break videos.....I don't want to offend anyone, so I will stop there. I have a bad habit of going on a tangent, defending things like youtube and Panini which has on real meaning in life.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

I do not waste my time watching them..most are awful, bad camera or scams..
really not worth the effort

Not worth the headache to watch poor quality videos. I just move to the next post that has scans.
[Image: yankees2copy.jpg]

I love them especially since the last 2 I've done I got both hits including a PC hit worth 60.00! Both auto's
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]