Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing on cards?

Writing on cards?
Hi,

I've inherited my dad's baseball card collection. I found some 1979 baseball cards that have a checkmark over the number on the back and some small circles on the checklist. Would these cards be worth anything marked up like that? I have some other cards from the late seventies I haven't gone through yet.

Thanks,

Nancy

RE: Writing on cards?
It does bring down the value
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Being 1979 no, the writing pretty much kills any value on the cards. Still too many around with out writing on them. Unless its a star RC card(like Ozzie Smith) most will pass of them.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Thanks everyone for the information. I'm gong to just pitch these. I have quite a few cards to go through.

can anyone tell me what the hot rookie cards are now. I know Ken Griffey Jr is one.

Thanks,

Nancy

(07-09-2012, 01:33 PM)nwatson1 Wrote: Hi,

I've inherited my dad's baseball card collection. I found some 1979 baseball cards that have a checkmark over the number on the back and some small circles on the checklist. Would these cards be worth anything marked up like that? I have some other cards from the late seventies I haven't gone through yet.

Thanks,

Nancy

If your collection is from the 70s-80s, RCs will be the best cards to keep your eyes on. (A non-exhaustive list of notable rookies of that era off the top of my head would include: Trammell/Molitor, Winfield, Rickey Henderson, Mattingly, McGwire, Griffey, Gossage, Sandberg, Gwynn, Bonds). Also, look for 70s cards of Nolan Ryan, Kaline, Munson, Reggie Jackson, Joe Morgan, Pete Rose. -The mega stars of the era.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

If I am looking for a card and there is writing on one I find, I still often pick it up cheap just to have one in my collection while searching for a better copy. Sometimes, it is the only version I come across for some time and am glad I got it when I could. Just be honest with people. The cards may only be worth a few cents each, but I bet you can get rid of some as trade filler.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Thank you very much for the info about rookies. I'll have to check my cards for the rookies since they are mostly 80s and 90s cards with a few from the late 70s. I have seen some of those name.

Thanks,

Nancy

(07-09-2012, 06:58 PM)uvaspina Wrote: If your collection is from the 70s-80s, RCs will be the best cards to keep your eyes on. (A non-exhaustive list of notable rookies of that era off the top of my head would include: Trammell/Molitor, Winfield, Rickey Henderson, Mattingly, McGwire, Griffey, Gossage, Sandberg, Gwynn, Bonds). Also, look for 70s cards of Nolan Ryan, Kaline, Munson, Reggie Jackson, Joe Morgan, Pete Rose. -The mega stars of the era.

I'd be interested in any Nolan Ryan from the 70's with or without writing.
[Image: badtime.jpg]