Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retail Vs Hobby
Smile 
Retail Vs Hobby
I know this has been addressed many times before, But I'm slightly confused still.

If the product is Retail, Will it say Retail on the product? Or does Retail vs Hobby mean the card ratios are different or they only have cards you can pull from each?

For example, I'm looking at collecting the 2009-10 Upper Deck Champ's set, They have a Hobby box and a Retail box for sale. I cannot tell the difference and beckett does not list a hobby card or a retail card.

Other than buying a box that says retail on it, how do you know you have a hobby vs retail? DACworld has 24 packs on sale for 10 bucks i was going to buy but not if i have to get into a retail vs hobby issue. The set is already large enough?

Thanks
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

RE: Retail Vs Hobby
The base set will be the same for both hobby and retail. The only main difference is, usually your odds are a lot better to pull something from a hobby box than retail.

And, sometimes, they actually label them, either on the pack or box. But, not too often.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

Also, some times (Upper Deck Artifacts) there are actually retail versions of jersey cards. I know I personally have a few Patrick Roy and Drew Doughty artifacts jersey cards that are numbered or labeled as retail.
Please check out www.hockeyvadim.com for my whole collection

Banner done by "Tha Penguin"

[Image: vadim002.png]

Hobby boxes usually guarantee a certain number of auto and game used cards and retail doesn't. You usually do good to pull 1 hit from retail. That's why you can buy the 24 pack retail boxes so cheap.
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/