`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I might be done collecting basketball.....

I might be done collecting basketball.....
I don't post on the basketball forums much, but I do collect it. My team is the magic (live 45 min from stadium). So far they have cut my second favorite player Earl Clark. I wasent happy about that, but oh well they still have Ryan Anderson... Well umtil today they have a trade going on for guess who RYAN ANDERSON.. He is the only thing they would have left with Dwight going to be leaving. If they where getting something good for him it might not be as bad, but they are getting a center named Gustavo Ayon. Who?? What a bad offseason...
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

RE: I might be done collecting basketball.....
That's the thing about collecting, you will always find something or someone to keep the urge alive, lol. You can still collect those players (unless you only want them in Magic unis?). I hope it works out for you.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Sad to hear but here is a good news! The Magic might get the 1st pick in the next Draft.

Tongue well u know where the Hansbrough stuff can go lol. The Magic have made so many moves the past few years trying to put a team around Dwight. They seemed to always be getting older. If they get rid of Dwight then I think them and Atlanta will fight for who will finish last. Both have had poor offseasons.

I started paying attention to Earl Clark when he was in high school and then followed his career at Louisville.

He's been inconsistent in the NBA but, last season, I saw a lot of improvement. He is a very good defender. His offense needs work, but he has all the rights physical attributes to be a good player one day.

I'm surprised he was cut.

Anderson was leaving because the Hornets made an offer too rich for the Magic to want to keep Anderson. They were losing him anyway. They got that "unknown" center in a "sign and trade" deal.

He could have just signed the offer sheet from the Hornets and the Magic could have just declined to match it and Anderson gets a year less and less money on his new contract, while the Magic would get nothing like they did with Shaq.... The organization didn't make a bad call here.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

The Magic are gonna rebuild Howard has destroyed that team.. Best they can hope for right now is Stern gifts them the 1st pick next year like he did Cleveland and New Orleans after Lebron and Paul did the same to them..

Start Stocking up on Brook Lopez stuff he is the new face of your franchise.

(07-08-2012, 09:57 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: That's the thing about collecting, you will always find something or someone to keep the urge alive, lol. You can still collect those players (unless you only want them in Magic unis?). I hope it works out for you.
Well I just Do a little basketball and I don't care if in magic unis I just want them to still be playing for them lol. All my anderson collection is of his rookie year in nj... I started collecting him when he was picked by the nets. I loved his story and then he went to the magic and it was a dream. I never thought they would be getting rid of him honestly.
(07-08-2012, 10:02 PM)sky20t Wrote: Sad to hear but here is a good news! The Magic might get the 1st pick in the next Draft.
Yeah, but who's coming out? I heard the top two players where high school kids. They have to go to college for a year, so that'll take another year.
(07-08-2012, 10:47 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Tongue well u know where the Hansbrough stuff can go lol. The Magic have made so many moves the past few years trying to put a team around Dwight. They seemed to always be getting older. If they get rid of Dwight then I think them and Atlanta will fight for who will finish last. Both have had poor offseasons.
I only have a few......... Yeah they keep getting older. I think adding Von wafer was good he added a little electricity to their game. Then they cut him to lol. It's without a doubt Dwight will be leaving. Atlanta lost Marvin Williams and joe Johnson which could Kill them.
(07-09-2012, 01:19 AM)will23c1982 Wrote: I started paying attention to Earl Clark when he was in high school and then followed his career at Louisville.

He's been inconsistent in the NBA but, last season, I saw a lot of improvement. He is a very good defender. His offense needs work, but he has all the rights physical attributes to be a good player one day.

I'm surprised he was cut.
He has all the physical abilities he needs to be a great star.He's a little raw though. He doesn't seem to have control sometimes.
(07-09-2012, 02:02 AM)got watcha want Wrote: Anderson was leaving because the Hornets made an offer too rich for the Magic to want to keep Anderson. They were losing him anyway. They got that "unknown" center in a "sign and trade" deal.

He could have just signed the offer sheet from the Hornets and the Magic could have just declined to match it and Anderson gets a year less and less money on his new contract, while the Magic would get nothing like they did with Shaq.... The organization didn't make a bad call here.
Man I never heard that. Ok, so it makes a little more sense then. He will be a great fit in NO. They should be pretty good this year then. Eric Gordon, Anthony Davis, Austin rivers, and should be getting Anderson to.
(07-09-2012, 08:05 AM)bbills1999 Wrote: The Magic are gonna rebuild Howard has destroyed that team.. Best they can hope for right now is Stern gifts them the 1st pick next year like he did Cleveland and New Orleans after Lebron and Paul did the same to them..

Start Stocking up on Brook Lopez stuff he is the new face of your franchise.
Yeah hopefully someone will show in the college season that no one knows about.

If Lopez could get more physical he could be very good. Not Dwight, but the tier down.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

For what it's worth and if it makes you feel any better, I saw Brook at Disneyland about three weeks ago, during the opening of the Cars exhibit.

He was a really nice guy, I chatted him up for about 30 seconds.

That's all I have. LOL

If you have any JJ Redick cards you want to get rid of I am interested in all Redick Cards. Rookies, Autos, Game Used, Inserts, Parallels, Base, Refractors, Plates, and any other Redick card that I don't have already. If you have any your looking to get rid of I have baseball, football, and basketball (said your stop collected but mentioned anyways). I will buy too.