Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe Genuine Coverage w/out a serial number
Tongue 
Kobe Genuine Coverage w/out a serial number
I need some info on a Kobe Genuine coverage card from 1999-00 Skybox.
The Beckett Database states this card has a limited print run and is serial numbered. The card in the picture below is missing the serial number and I am wondering why.

Any help would be appreciated.

[Image: KobeGenuineCoverageNoSer.jpg]

RE: Kobe Genuine Coverage w/out a serial number
the ones i have seen are hand numbered on the front. what does the back look like? Maybe its from the Fleer bankruptcy sale.

Someone's selling the card. I'll ask the seller to send me a picture of the back.
I didn't think about the fleer bankruptcy sale. I'll ask the seller where he got it from.
Also, this is the only one of this kind that I've seen with a multi-color jersey piece.

1. probably a back door bankruptcy card
2. those usually lacked a piece of gu jersey
3. which means the multi-color patch is most probably fake

jmo

(07-08-2012, 05:48 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: 1. probably a back door bankruptcy card
2. those usually lacked a piece of gu jersey
3. which means the multi-color patch is most probably fake

jmo
I have to agree with you on all 3 items. The Fleer bankruptcy sale put way too much stuff in people's hands (when the items should have been destroyed or labeled explicitly as being part of the bankruptcy sale). It has ultimately lead to a lot of fraud.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Here is a scan of mine, hand numbered on the front (sorry it's a little blurry). Hope this helps!

[Image: IgdQN.jpg]