`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todays MLB All-Star Fanfest Autograph haul, updated with a read from Monday

Todays MLB All-Star Fanfest Autograph haul, updated with a read from Monday
Went to Fanfest today, had a great time, and while overall the announced autograph lineup was fairly weak in my opinion, I had a great day for autographs from the unannounced MLB Futures All-Stars that showed up to sign and Major League Baseball had authenticators on hand to put hologram authentification on all autographs which was great. Here is what I ended up with for the day, sorry, no scans, don't have a digital camera.

Jeff Montgomery on a Chevy All-Star game ball
Lee Mayberry on a Chevy All-Star game ball
Wil Myers on a KC Royals Mini Helmet
Wil Myers on an Official MLB Ball
Matt Barnes on an Official MLB Ball
Xander Bogaerts on an Official MLB Ball
Jameson Taillon on an Official MLB Ball
Nick Castellanos on an Official MLB Ball
Dylan Bundy on an Official MLB Ball

and I just missed Cal Ripken due to everybody shoving, he was just grabbing for my ball and sombody poked him in the back of the head with an ink pen, then he looked at me and said "sorry man, I don't wanna get poked with a pen again, it doesn't feel very good"

Went back on Monday morning and had to literally run straight to the line for Tony Gwynn autographs as soon as they opened the place up, but I did get Gwynn on a hall of fame ball. After Tony got done signing, Bud Selig was just finishing an interview at the MLB.com booth so I shot over there and him sign a ball for me. At this time its about 12:30 and Bryce Harper, Joel Hanrahan, Buster Posey, Lance Lynn, and Pablo Sandoval are due to go up on the MLB.com stage for a broadcast so I hang around to see if I can get lucky, unfortunately no luck, but at the end of their interview, out walks Cal Ripken Jr. to go and talk to them about some things during the broadcast, on his way out I see him and don't think many other people did and gave him a little shout saying its good to see him again and he looks over at me and says good seeing me again too, so at this point I think maybe he remembers me from Saturday, so I just wait patiently where I am at for his interview to end and he starts signing for some more fans on stage so every body rushed over to the stage, but I stayed where I was at because I knew I was in a great spot on his way out the door and it was roped off so there was a chance I could get him, and sure enough, when he gets to where I'm at, he grabs my ball and says to me, "sorry about the other day, the crowd was just nuts, but I'm glad I could get you today." At this point I'm thinking great day, can't get any better than this, I will just hang out until Minoso signs and then head home so I just walk around. I swing back by the MLB. com stage about an hour later and the Big Hurt is doing an interview with Jack Morris and Mark McLemore and taking questions from the fans so I hang out there just listening to the interview thinking it would be great if I could get Frank Thomas too. Well about an hour later, the interview concludes and Frank gets up and everyone heads for the stage with a ton of kids right up front, but I'm basically the same spot where I got Cal, and he walks right by all of the kids and the fans crowding the front of the stage so I'm pretty sure he's not gonna sign anything but what the heck so I just kinda hold my pen and ball out there with everyone elses and as he comes down the aisle, first ball he grabs is mine and he signs it, kept my pen to sign for a few others but I'm good with losing my pen for a Fank Thomas autograph every day of the week. After that, I head over to the Minnie Minoso line, get my autograph and call it a day and head for the door. All in all, an absolutely great experience and I can definitely say, I will be trying everything I can do to attend All-Star Fanfest every year from here on out. Major League Baseball did an outstanding job!
Collecting Eric Hosmer and Alex Gordon
[Image: tperks.gif]
Do not trade list: charbs1111

RE: Todays MLB All-Star Fanfest Autograph haul
That is really cool. I used to live in KC is Brett doing any signing at it? Also did you pick up the cards for from Topps at it?

Sounds like a great time. That was cool of Cal to at least gave you explanation.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

great story -what kind of person pokes anyone with an ink pen? I was also disappointed with the line up's, seems like previous Royals tests had more people. I am heading out tomorrow -hopefully will get Gwynn and Marichal!
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I forgot to ask if anyone got Mike Sweeney auto?
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(07-07-2012, 11:14 PM)tperks76 Wrote: Went to Fanfest today, had a great time, and while overall the announced autograph lineup was fairly weak in my opinion, I had a great day for autographs from the unannounced MLB Futures All-Stars that showed up to sign and Major League Baseball had authenticators on hand to put hologram authentification on all autographs which was great. Here is what I ended up with for the day, sorry, no scans, don't have a digital camera.

Jeff Montgomery on a Chevy All-Star game ball
Lee Mayberry on a Chevy All-Star game ball
Wil Myers on a KC Royals Mini Helmet
Wil Myers on an Official MLB Ball
Matt Barnes on an Official MLB Ball
Xander Bogaerts on an Official MLB Ball
Jameson Taillon on an Official MLB Ball
Nick Castellanos on an Official MLB Ball
Dylan Bundy on an Official MLB Ball

and I just missed Cal Ripken due to everybody shoving, he was just grabbing for my ball and sombody poked him in the back of the head with an ink pen, then he looked at me and said "sorry man, I don't wanna get poked with a pen again, it doesn't feel very good"
sounds like a great time!! i am planning to go tuesday morning. do they supply the items for u to get signed or do u have to bring ur own?

nice haul of autos!!Big Grin
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

(07-08-2012, 02:26 AM)magneto2 Wrote: That is really cool. I used to live in KC is Brett doing any signing at it? Also did you pick up the cards for from Topps at it?
Brett did very little signing, maybe 10 autographs from what I saw. I did get all the redemptions from Topps
(07-08-2012, 07:58 AM)beginesj Wrote: I forgot to ask if anyone got Mike Sweeney auto?
I didn't get Sweeney, the local guys are easy to get so I opted for the Futures guys
(07-08-2012, 09:16 AM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: sounds like a great time!! i am planning to go tuesday morning. do they supply the items for u to get signed or do u have to bring ur own?
Bring your own. There are vendors on hand that sell baseballs, mini helmets, etc. so you can purchase them there if you'd like

(07-08-2012, 02:29 PM)tperks76 Wrote: I didn't get Sweeney, the local guys are easy to get so I opted for the Futures guys
I didnt know he was still around KC. Thats good to know.

I don't know that he's necessarily still around KC, but there are 4 or 5 opportunities a year to have him sign around here.