`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you buy a printing plate if....

RE: Would you buy a printing plate if....
(07-06-2012, 05:59 PM)homerjg007 Wrote: could you clean the auto off w/o ruining the plate?
If it's a real printing plate you might be able to erase the auto using mineral spirits or some other mild solvent. But you would have a problem removing the dents caused by the pen.

Ray

I wouldn't recommend trying to clean off the auto.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(07-06-2012, 07:21 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I wouldn't recommend trying to clean off the auto.

I've been a printer for more than 50 years and the image on a printing plate is really tough, Just don't use anything that is abrasive or corrosive.

Ray

I didn't read everyone else's response but this is mine.

If you are a Super Collector of Wade Miley then you will have to buy that. Regardless of whether it's autographed or not. It is the only plate of that color for that set. I personally own a Kila Bowman 1/1 that has been washed in the wash machine. Regardless of its poor condition it is still the only one for the set.

What it all comes down to is whether you are a collector or a Super Collector/Completist. A Ompletist has a goal to obtain a copy of every single run of a player.
Okay now I have read everyone's comments. To give another opinion, do not clean the plate. Here is my reason: This is what makes each piece to a Super Collection unique. You own the card and this is the condition the card now exists in. If the last Babe Ruth RC on earth was in poor condition would you pass on it because it isn't mint? This is the condition the card now remains in and it shouldn't be altered. It should stay in its current condition. It adds a unique piece and story to your collection.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

That's a great way to look at it imo, sure its a 1/1 like I said before but its the only one out there so as long as the price doesn't get crazy on me will try and get it. Yeah I'm super collecting him that's why the signature on the 1/1 is killing me, of all the cards to get autographed lol.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I don't understand why people sell uncertified IP autos. IP autos really are only special to the person that got it signed and they are the only one that can be 100% sure it's that player's autograph.
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)