`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New time Fantasy football question

New time Fantasy football question
So this will be the first time I will be in a competitive league among my friends, so I was curious from the Beckett community...

What position of player do you build your team around? I figured that quarterback would take the cake since they receive points for practically anything, but should the cornerstone of a team be on a Running back?

Your thoughts please
[Image: MyNewBanner_zps12325c44.jpg]

My Photobucket:
http://s1055.beta.photobucket.com/user/M...ds?src=wap
WILL TRADE FOR ALL MARQUES COLSTON CARDS!

RE: New time Fantasy football question
I am a little biased but I always take Brees with my first round pick.
Last year he was getting 30+ almost every week!!
Is it a PPR league? If so that changes strategy big time with the running backs!
I won my super bowl with Brees, Ahmad Bradshaw, jordy Nelson, aj green, Wes welker

I don't like going after a rb first because there are so many teams with 2 backs that see alot of time.
Just my opinions.
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

i found qb and wr to be the best for my teams when i did play. that may have changed over the years but i havent played in awhile. and not that you would pick one in a early round but do your research on kickers. it can totally change your game if you pick the right/wrong one. they get overlooked alot but are a big part of scoring when the game is close.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

It really depends on the type of league you're in. I generally follow the "draft RBs first" rule of playing unless there's a QB I just can't pass up.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

it really depends on how scoring is done in your league and what draft you got. Like is it a standard league, or is it a PPR (points per reception) type of league. However for the most part I usually go RB, RB, then either WR/QB for my 3rd pick. If your got a high enough pick, that a 1st rd QB may be worth it, but after the top 3-5 QBs, the rest of the QBs are about the same.

(07-05-2012, 02:44 PM)LongliveStl Wrote: So this will be the first time I will be in a competitive league among my friends, so I was curious from the Beckett community...

What position of player do you build your team around? I figured that quarterback would take the cake since they receive points for practically anything, but should the cornerstone of a team be on a Running back?

Your thoughts please

I wouldnt ever draft a qb first unless its rodgers, brees, or brady. if its not one of them, dont waste your pick on a qb if theres a superstar rb or wr on the board.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

I agree with the last post about QB's. Only thing is I still wouldn't draft them until later in the first round. In a 12 man league I'd start at 8 to 10 for 1 of those 3. Otherwise it has to be a running back that doesn't share time if you're a top 5 pick (Peterson, Johnson, Gore, Turner) someone like that. But then again a top tier WR like Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson should be taken before Gore or Turner.

The draft is something that you'll have to take some time researching if you want to have a good shot at winning. But don't forget that even with a bad draft, trades and free agent pickups can make up for a lot of it. Don't draft a kicker until the last round. Even the best kicker can throw up a goose egg if his offense is having a bad week. Look at matchups and pick up kickers in free agency week to week if needed.
And the post saying that you shouldn't draft a RB early because most share time. That's exactly why if you're in the position to do it, you should. You get a RB like Rice who can average 20 pts. compared to a guy like Reggie Bush who on a weekly basis is going to get you around 10.

(07-05-2012, 10:33 PM)matthew fechter Wrote: I agree with the last post about QB's. Only thing is I still wouldn't draft them until later in the first round. In a 12 man league I'd start at 8 to 10 for 1 of those 3. Otherwise it has to be a running back that doesn't share time if you're a top 5 pick (Peterson, Johnson, Gore, Turner) someone like that. But then again a top tier WR like Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson should be taken before Gore or Turner.

The draft is something that you'll have to take some time researching if you want to have a good shot at winning. But don't forget that even with a bad draft, trades and free agent pickups can make up for a lot of it. Don't draft a kicker until the last round. Even the best kicker can throw up a goose egg if his offense is having a bad week. Look at matchups and pick up kickers in free agency week to week if needed.
And the post saying that you shouldn't draft a RB early because most share time. That's exactly why if you're in the position to do it, you should. You get a RB like Rice who can average 20 pts. compared to a guy like Reggie Bush who on a weekly basis is going to get you around 10.
you really just have to research players basically and look at history. ive had andre johnson for the last 2 years and hes been worthless because of injuries. calvin is a beast though. peterson is coming off a major injury and may miss the beginning of the season. gore is a workhorse but doesnt put up huge points, also he is in a crowded backfield now. turner has been a monster but is now getting old. it just seems like its his time to get hurt or dwindle down because hes been good for so long. there are so many things that could go wrong in fantasy and they will. you basically just have to be lucky.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

i normally take a rb first. but really it depends on the league. different leagues have different scoring systems. in the league i play,qb's arent the prime players. i cant wait to play. lol.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16