`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time PSA/DNA Question...

First time PSA/DNA Question...
Hey guys, I'm actually asking this question for one of my friends.

He has about 3 MJ cards that have been signed in person (either through himself or a relative), and he was thinking about putting 2 of them up on eBay, of course knowing that it would be more wise to get it authenticated. Now none of us are really well versed with grading, and we were trying to figure out the PSA services page on what to do...

We're not looking to get the card graded, just the auto on the card authenticated, what would be the best way to go about that...?

Like on this page, we don't know which service to inquire about (Card grading or auto authentication)

Or if there's a better way to do it?

Maybe it's just us overcomplicating things, but nothing seems straight forward lol.

Thanks in advance!
[Image: nvsi7n.png]

RE: First time PSA/DNA Question...
(07-04-2012, 01:46 PM)farnam14 Wrote: Hey guys, I'm actually asking this question for one of my friends.

He has about 3 MJ cards that have been signed in person (either through himself or a relative), and he was thinking about putting 2 of them up on eBay, of course knowing that it would be more wise to get it authenticated. Now none of us are really well versed with grading, and we were trying to figure out the PSA services page on what to do...

We're not looking to get the card graded, just the auto on the card authenticated, what would be the best way to go about that...?

Like on this page, we don't know which service to inquire about (Card grading or auto authentication)

Or if there's a better way to do it?

Maybe it's just us overcomplicating things, but nothing seems straight forward lol.

Thanks in advance!
I think you answered your own question.

You need auto authentication correct?

Red: The autograph is authenticated, the card is graded (out of 10), the card is able to be added into the PSA registry.

Blue: The autograph is authenticated, the card is not able to be added to PSA set registry, the card is able to be added to PSA/DNA registry.

Here is my Pete Maravich autograph which is an example of the latter.

[Image: PeteMaravich.jpg]

Submission:
If you want to go throught Beckett it would be a BGS/JSA submission and it will run you about $100 per card.
The card would go to JSA first for Authetication and if it passes it would then go to BGS for the slabbing. You'd have to wait a while to get the card back as they are really basked up right now. I submitted a Kobe Bryant and a Mike Piazza card over 2 months ago and still have not received my cards back. I dont know if PSA/DNA is any faster as I've never used their services.
Price:
I too have an MJ in person auto card and I inquired about this with JSA at a card show. I didnt have $100 to spare so I decided not to send it in. This was 2 months ago so you might want to call them to ask them about their prices.

(07-04-2012, 04:02 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: Red: The autograph is authenticated, the card is graded (out of 10), the card is able to be added into the PSA registry.

Blue: The autograph is authenticated, the card is not able to be added to PSA set registry, the card is able to be added to PSA/DNA registry.

Here is my Pete Maravich autograph which is an example of the latter.

[Image: PeteMaravich.jpg]
Thanks, so there's no way to request the blue right off the bat?
I guess that's what I'm asking for, because I'm less interested in grading the card (in hopes that it would be a better price), however if this is not the case and both prices are the same, then I guess I should just get the card graded...
[Image: nvsi7n.png]