`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Publications covering Non-Sport Cards?

Publications covering Non-Sport Cards?
Saw this on an Upper Deck blog. It's an interesting compare/contrast on sport & non-sport cards. But this caught my attention about non-sport cards ... "There are fewer people who collect them and there are not really any dependable publications or websites that talk about the values."

I thought Beckett was doing a pretty good job tracking the newer releases though. But are there any others?

http://upperdeckblog.com/2012/07/taking-...fwcl=1&fwl

RE: Publications covering Non-Sport Cards?
Probably the main magazine source used by nonsports collectors is "Non Sports Update." It gives you a list of upcoming releases, recent releases and an update to a portion of their price guide each month, at least it used to be monthly - no stores around me carry this anymore. They also include an envelope with promo cards for upcoming sets in each issue.

Hope this helps,
Nathan

RE: Publications covering Non-Sport Cards?
(07-15-2012, 09:18 AM)madmack29 Wrote: Probably the main magazine source used by nonsports collectors is "Non Sports Update." It gives you a list of upcoming releases, recent releases and an update to a portion of their price guide each month, at least it used to be monthly - no stores around me carry this anymore. They also include an envelope with promo cards for upcoming sets in each issue.

Hope this helps,
Nathan
Thanks Nathan! Yeah, NSU does a good job for coming out every other month. It usually has a few articles for upcoming releases, but sometimes I'd like a little more analysis. I really don't care for their price guide section though.

I think "TUFF STUFF Collect!" used to do a pretty good job back in the day. Just seems like it had more in depth info. But it must not have been that great since they aren't around anymore. Just didn't know if there was some other publication that might have taken it's place.

Beckett Sports Card Monthly has the best price guide section for recent non-sports cards and wrestling cards. I just wish the "Hot List" and "News & Notes" was a little bigger since there's not an individual price guide like 4 major sports have. Of course, I'm pretty happy seeing sketch cards in the price guide so I'm not going to complain too much if those other sections are a little smaller.