`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Since no one is posting

Since no one is posting
thier Broad St Boys breaks, I guess I will show what I got so far. So I visited 2 Card Shops in a 30 mile radius from home. The 1st one George's Collectibles in Levittown, PA was part of the ITG USA Tour. While there was no rep onsite the store owner had 1/1 cards to give out when you bought a box from him. So here we go...

Box #1 got me a nice Redemption - Envelope #33;
[Image: Scan0015.jpg]

So after chatting for awhile I decided to get another box. The owner allowed me to chose which # I wanted. So I went for Envelope #1 - hoping it was Bernie but we all know that is a real reach. Low and behold I pull.....

.. a freakin PJ Stock card. What did he play all of 2 minutes for the Flyers. Needless to say I hoped the box would save the horrible selection I had made. And of course it did. I got a great GU'd Number of Forsberg 3 color.
[Image: Scan0016-1.jpg]

So I then proceed to the card shop in Riverside, NJ to pick up only 6 of the 10 pre-ordered boxes. I waited till I got home to open the boxes. I only opened 2 since I am saving the others for the National to get Redemptions.

My GF opened the 1st box;
[Image: Scan0017.jpg]

I opened the 2nd and got a Bonus Auto which was the top card inside the pack;
[Image: Scan0018-1.jpg]

Well that's all for now. LMK what you think of the breaks so far.

And if anyone has any for trade I am open to all trades.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

RE: Since no one is posting
Sick stuff looks like a awesome product
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

I like it because I am a Flyers fan. The problem is on this site and S _ _ are complaining about not getting a mega hit. I bust boxes I enjoy collecting or sampling. Do I wish I got a mega hit everytime. Sure don't we all. But the fun of collecting is taken away by the people who only want to make the big bucks from "pictures on cardboard". Stole that line from someone but I forget who.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

(06-30-2012, 03:09 PM)mq13 Wrote: I like it because I am a Flyers fan. The problem is on this site and S__ are complaining about not getting a mega hit. I bust boxes I enjoy collecting or sampling. Do I wish I got a mega hit everytime. Sure don't we all. But the fun of collecting is taken away by the people who only want to make the big bucks from "pictures on cardboard". Stole that line from someone but I forget who.

Totally agree...100%.

If I have to see one more idiot with more money than brains bust another case of product and close out their post by saying "EVERYTHING IS AVAILABLE FOR SALE" I think I might throw up.

If you don't even want to keep any cards, why bust the case in the first place?

Money.

It's a good thing that most of these guys don't make any, lol (off of their cards, or in real life, since the majority of them most likely live in crappy single bedroom apartments or their parent's basements)

Currently Collecting Patrick Roy, PK Subban and Carey Price.

My Bucket http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/adamslogik2/

Man what is with Antero Nittymaki's signature? So weak..
(06-30-2012, 03:09 PM)mq13 Wrote: I like it because I am a Flyers fan. The problem is on this site and S__ are complaining about not getting a mega hit. I bust boxes I enjoy collecting or sampling. Do I wish I got a mega hit everytime. Sure don't we all. But the fun of collecting is taken away by the people who only want to make the big bucks from "pictures on cardboard". Stole that line from someone but I forget who.
This is soo true, whatever happened to enjoying the hobby.

Hey Mark- Those are some nice cards (Primeau stick is killer) and as much as I hate to admit this, I live in Levittown and George's is my LCS and he is an awesome owner (although way too much wrestling stuff in there..lol) and I'm glad to see he hooked you up. (if you call a PJ Stock card a hookup..lol)
I wish I had the $$$ to bust some boxes of that cause it looks great and would love to add a Lindros auto to my collection. Maybe I can find some dollars this week and bust one if he has any left and would be glad to trade the stuff I don't want to you.
If you head out that way again, there are two other card shops in that area in case you don't already know..All-Stars at the Oxford Valley Mall and Brian's in Morrisville. Don't know if they have any BSB boxes but might be worth the shot if you head out that way again. They are no way as great a guy as George is but if he's out of boxes they might have em for you. Good Luck with the set, very nice cards!

(06-30-2012, 04:34 PM)adamslogik Wrote: Totally agree...100%.

If I have to see one more idiot with more money than brains bust another case of product and close out their post by saying "EVERYTHING IS AVAILABLE FOR SALE" I think I might throw up.

If you don't even want to keep any cards, why bust the case in the first place?

Money.

It's a good thing that most of these guys don't make any, lol (off of their cards, or in real life, since the majority of them most likely live in crappy single bedroom apartments or their parent's basements)
Don't you think it's also the card companies' faults too for the way the hobby is? There seems to be less value in boxes now than a few years ago. When UD & Panini charge $85 for a box that has $30 of value 9 times out of 10, something is wrong. The card companies need to have better player selection, ESPECIALLY in high-end products, in order to justify their prices.

That being said, a series like this is nice. It's specifically targeted to a hardcore & devoted group of collectors & as a result, will not only be highly collected, but retain its value, (because most of the people collecting the series will be Flyers fans & all of the cards will be of Flyers players who will always be popular. Therefore, nobody has to worry about getting "Scrubby McLoser" as one of their "hits" & dumping it off for pennies on the dollar.)

sweet Floppa number, love the K train Stick, MC auto and Stock as former Whalers/player I follow
also Ulf too..
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(06-30-2012, 10:36 PM)thundercats12 Wrote: Man what is with Antero Nittymaki's signature? So weak.
I laughed when I saw this...i had just said exactly the same thing.

As for the mega-hit issue...I like to think of value, not from a resale angle, but from a feeling that I was thought of as a consumer...a nice patch, regardless of who it is, always makes me go WOW! When you get a bland piece in an expensive product, I think you feel taken advantage of...I want to be wowed, not left feeling disappointed.

Anyway, nice stuff...I'm not a Flyers fan, so I won't wax poetic, but this is a cool set.
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com