`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cards for sale!!

Cards for sale!!
I'm a new member and new to any kind of collecting cards, i recently came into a very large collection and would prefer to sell them in bulk. Take a look at my collection and give me some feedback, I have added about 4,000 cards and only have about 10% of the cards entered, and only added pricing to a small percent of those, any advice or feedback would be appreciated.

David

RE: Cards for sale!!
Only thing I saw that you might want to work on, is that unless the card has a very high value and/or is of a legendary/HOF/HOF calibur player (MJ, Kobe, LeBron), you're not very likely to get even 33% BV on those cards. You had a Grant Hill card I need where the BV is $12 and your sale price is $11. Me personally, I'd buy that shipped for probably $3.50, depending on condition (would want scans as proof of condition). Hope that helps some.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(06-27-2012, 03:18 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Only thing I saw that you might want to work on, is that unless the card has a very high value and/or is of a legendary/HOF/HOF calibur player (MJ, Kobe, LeBron), you're not very likely to get even 33% BV on those cards. You had a Grant Hill card I need where the BV is $12 and your sale price is $11. Me personally, I'd buy that shipped for probably $3.50, depending on condition (would want scans as proof of condition). Hope that helps some.
Definately helps, I wanted to get some pricing on some of the cards so people could see them, im very new to this and could use any input, have you ever heard of people or card shops that buy entire collections?

(06-27-2012, 04:29 PM)David-Hope Wrote: Definately helps, I wanted to get some pricing on some of the cards so people could see them, im very new to this and could use any input, have you ever heard of people or card shops that buy entire collections?
From what I've seen, the only collections they'll buy are collections of Legends/HOF players and they have to have some AU, GU, and/or graded cards (preferably high grade for newer cards, some lower for older cards). If it's a bunch of mediocre/average players, your best bet is to trade them or try selling them as a lot. While Beckett doesn't allow you to group cards into a lot and have a sale price for the lot, you can sell them as a lot on here, but they have to be listed with their own prices for sale. So say you have 10 $10 cards you wanted to sell in a lot for $15 delivered, you'd list them all in your Organize for Sale (say for $2 each) and then if someone wanted the lot, you add them to their side of the "trade/sale" and then add $15 cash to your side. Beckett doesn't (don't know if it will in the future) actually add your sale price and go off of that. As a matter of fact, when in the trade/sale window, sale prices don't show up anywhere (from what I saw when I sold a few things). The final price is how much cash you added on your side (and you are charged a 5% fee on the final sale price). You'll also need to add funds to your account for you to be able to sell. Can't exactly remember how to do that, but if you need that information, let me know and I'll try to pull something together for you by Friday.

I did not know there was a commision for sales, thought it was just the membership fee. Thanks for all the great info!!

Yeah, there, but when you equal it out, it can be less than the fees for listing an item on the Bay and the PayPal fees combined (depending on how the buyer sends you the money). If they send the PayPal to you as a gift rather than a payment, there are no PayPal fees up to a certain dollar amount. The bay has many different fees for depending on how you list it, how many pictures (though that changes soon) and many other factors. I normally list when they allow 50 free a month, but because of how I recently listed an item, it cost me $2.40 just to list that item alone. On here, there are no listing fees, only final value fees. So it can be cheaper to sell here than through the Bay, sad thing is, this site doesn't get many people coming here to buy. But I have sold a few things here and there, so it is possible if you have the patience for it.

A question for anyone, I have dozens of sealed sets, never opened, which makes it difficult to always identify exactly what is inside. I also have a lot of old topps, ted williams and other cards still in the wrappers that they were originally in. Are you better off opening them to see what is inside or should I leave them sealed and try to sell them that way?

If it's a factory sealed set, I recommend keeping it sealed. If the cards in the wrappers are like rack packs or cello packs, again, I recommend keeping them sealed. The older they are, the more likely you are to find people willing to pay for them (or trade for them). Here's an example:

Say you had a pack of 1986-87 Fleer you found in an estate sale. This pack could potentially hold a Jordan RC. These packs can sometimes sell for $300 (last I checked). If there is a Jordan inside, depending on it's quality, it could get you $300+, so you didn't really lose anything by opening the pack. But if there's no Jordan inside, you could maybe get $100 for all of the singles sold individually, MAYBE.

Mind you, this is coming from someone who doesn't normally think of the investment side of things. In terms of the 1986-87 Fleer pack, they have ways of determining if there's likely to be a Jordan RC in there (or even the sticker) based on what card barely shows on the back. I'm not sure if this is the same for older rack/cello packs of baseball.

Do you collect anything, or is your primary goal to make some money? I ask because there's very different things you could do depending on what you want. If you are a collector and you're looking for something, you're more likely to get what you want by trading what you have for what you want, rather than selling stuff and trying to buy what you want with that money. Say you have a factory sealed box of 1992-93 Topps that has a BV of say (didn't look it up) $80, you might be able to sell it for $15. Say you collect Mantle, you're not going to get much for $15. But if you trade your $80 set to someone who has a $75 Mantle, then you made off well. If your primary goal is to make money, then you could either go the eBay route or many LCS/Dealers are willing to buy sealed packs/sets from people to resell. You might lose out some from the LCS/Dealer because they are going to want to make a profit as well, but it'd be a pretty quick and easy dump (depending on what you have) as well as no shipping problems, cash in hand, no fees.

(06-28-2012, 08:40 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: If it's a factory sealed set, I recommend keeping it sealed. If the cards in the wrappers are like rack packs or cello packs, again, I recommend keeping them sealed. The older they are, the more likely you are to find people willing to pay for them (or trade for them). Here's an example:

Say you had a pack of 1986-87 Fleer you found in an estate sale. This pack could potentially hold a Jordan RC. These packs can sometimes sell for $300 (last I checked). If there is a Jordan inside, depending on it's quality, it could get you $300+, so you didn't really lose anything by opening the pack. But if there's no Jordan inside, you could maybe get $100 for all of the singles sold individually, MAYBE.

Mind you, this is coming from someone who doesn't normally think of the investment side of things. In terms of the 1986-87 Fleer pack, they have ways of determining if there's likely to be a Jordan RC in there (or even the sticker) based on what card barely shows on the back. I'm not sure if this is the same for older rack/cello packs of baseball.

Do you collect anything, or is your primary goal to make some money? I ask because there's very different things you could do depending on what you want. If you are a collector and you're looking for something, you're more likely to get what you want by trading what you have for what you want, rather than selling stuff and trying to buy what you want with that money. Say you have a factory sealed box of 1992-93 Topps that has a BV of say (didn't look it up) $80, you might be able to sell it for $15. Say you collect Mantle, you're not going to get much for $15. But if you trade your $80 set to someone who has a $75 Mantle, then you made off well. If your primary goal is to make money, then you could either go the eBay route or many LCS/Dealers are willing to buy sealed packs/sets from people to resell. You might lose out some from the LCS/Dealer because they are going to want to make a profit as well, but it'd be a pretty quick and easy dump (depending on what you have) as well as no shipping problems, cash in hand, no fees.
I'm looking to sell off at this time, not really into the collecting side, thanks again for the good advice. Maybe you could help with one pack I was trying to figure out last night.

I have a factory sealed box containing 24 sealed packs. I believe all the packs are identical inside. But not positive. They are in two rows and I can only see the first two in the front and they say -
Action packed - NFL Rookie update..
It also says it includes prototype cards,
all new draft picks,
Golden Domers subset Noterdame rookie class,
first cards of future stars,
24kt gold cards,
and special acclaim entertainment nfl quarterback club.

I think I have 24 of those complete sets, but not sure.

Pictures would help best. Also, someone on the football boards might be able to help you more with that product than I, I primarily stick to basketball.

After looking around though, it seems to be a box of 1994 Action Packed Football Series 2. Read the Set Description on the link I provided.