`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Draft TONIGHT!- The Beginning of a SuperCollection

RE: NBA Draft TONIGHT!- The Beginning of a SuperCollection
Hoping to start a Thomas Robinson PC.During my son's first few years of AAU he was teammates with Thomas inwhich also I was one of the Asst Coaches.During these years Kendall Marshall played for Team Maryland a team we had to play several times each Summer.

(06-29-2012, 12:08 AM)vegasjames Wrote: I had the joy of playing against the Lopez twins, Quincy Pondexter and Tre'von Willis all through highschool. Needless to say I have been blocked a few times by those twins....lol
I was at Disneyland with my kids about two weeks ago and saw the Lopez twins at California Adventure ... it was the opening day of the Cars exhibit, and they were both really into animation at Stanford, so I'm guessing that's why they were there.

They were out in public with everybody else but had a guide with them. I went up to them and the guide was like, "No pictures, thanks," and I told him that wasn't what I wanted.

Brook turned around and was walking right next to me so I chatted him up for like 30 seconds, asked him how his foot was doing, told him to have fun in Brooklyn with the new arena ... he was a really nice guy.

My son is just getting into sports and had been watching some of the playoffs, so he asked me who I was talking to.

He was mesmerized that Brook and Robin had played against his new hero, LeBron.

Pretty cool little "bonus" on the Disneyland trip, LOL

(06-29-2012, 07:42 PM)jimmygonzales Wrote: Hoping to start a Thomas Robinson PC.During my son's first few years of AAU he was teammates with Thomas inwhich also I was one of the Asst Coaches.During these years Kendall Marshall played for Team Maryland a team we had to play several times each Summer.
Thats awesome man- I'll be buyin some bball this year, and will keep you in mind for Robinson's
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

(06-28-2012, 02:37 PM)thepointguard_10 Wrote: I am excited for the draft to finally be conducted. Not only will I be looking forward to seeing where all of my former tarheels will be going- I CANNOT WAIT to begin collecting my boy Kendall Marshall.

When I was in the 9th grade, I went to carolina basketball camp. After the first day, a kid got moved up from the grade group below us because he was so good- he was placed on my team. You guessed it- It was Kendall!!! I was ecstatic when I discovered the same kid I played ball with at camp was going to be a Tarheel. I was his biggest fan from day 1 as a Heel.

That being said, I WILL be purchasing his XRC from panini past & present as soon as I can once he is drafted. I am going to attempt to become a Super-Collector of him.

So here's hoping he is drafted by my Mavericks at #17, and that there will be a Dirk/Kendall dual auto someday!
That's awesome. Kendall Marshall is the man. This was UNC's championship until the injury. I like the system he'll be running in Phoenix and I think he's in a position to thrive in the NBA.

(06-30-2012, 02:28 PM)chargers360 Wrote: That's awesome. Kendall Marshall is the man. This was UNC's championship until the injury. I like the system he'll be running in Phoenix and I think he's in a position to thrive in the NBA.
I Really hope so man, Kendall's my boy!

My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

When are the first rookie cards released from this years draft?