`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question. Opinions needed!!!

Question. Opinions needed!!!
Ok so I have worked out a trade. I have a $150 bv card that has some peeling. I told the other trader about it before hand. I made sure of it. Their response was :
I don't care about that.

Well we worked out the deal and now they post this in a pm:
I agreed to it but I would like you to send me something extra since I traded in your favor and I am getting a damaged card in return. Just surprise me.

Now when I read this 2 things popped into mind:
1. He knew about the damage before hand and agreed to the posted trade.
2. It seems like he is requiring this "extra".

So what should I do?
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

RE: Question. Opinions needed!!!
How lopsided is the trade? If you are really getting something in your favor just throw in a low end jersey card and you should be fine.

(06-28-2012, 11:31 AM)bostonsports1 Wrote: How lopsided is the trade? If you are really getting something in your favor just throw in a low end jersey card and you should be fine.
Its not lopsided at all he actually will be giving up like $138 in BV. I am guessing he's meaning in my favor due to the peeling?
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(06-28-2012, 11:37 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: Its not lopsided at all he actually will be giving up like $138 in BV. I am guessing he's meaning in my favor due to the peeling?
Probably, since you have the peeling you should drop the BV of yours, so maybe it is like 125? Either way if you throw in something small like a low end jersey card he should be fine.

(06-28-2012, 11:48 AM)bostonsports1 Wrote: Probably, since you have the peeling you should drop the BV of yours, so maybe it is like 125? Either way if you throw in something small like a low end jersey card he should be fine.
I reminded him that he knew about the damage and he replied this:

I don't have a problem with the damage, but it shouldn't be at full value. If you throw something great, if not it is not a problem. I am sending out today.

Am I wrong in thinking that all of that should have been talked about before we agreed to the final trade? And not afterwards?

(06-28-2012, 12:06 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: I reminded him that he knew about the damage and he replied this:

I don't have a problem with the damage, but it shouldn't be at full value. If you throw something great, if not it is not a problem. I am sending out today.

Am I wrong in thinking that all of that should have been talked about before we agreed to the final trade? And not afterwards?
Your definitely not wrong, but I can see where he is coming from. He is sending either way so your risk in not sending anything is bad feedback. If I am you I would send him something to make him happy.

(06-28-2012, 11:28 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: Ok so I have worked out a trade. I have a $150 bv card that has some peeling. I told the other trader about it before hand. I made sure of it. Their response was :
I don't care about that.

Well we worked out the deal and now they post this in a pm:
I agreed to it but I would like you to send me something extra since I traded in your favor and I am getting a damaged card in return. Just surprise me.

Now when I read this 2 things popped into mind:
1. He knew about the damage before hand and agreed to the posted trade.
2. It seems like he is requiring this "extra".

So what should I do?
I'd include a base card that says, "Surprise!"
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

You already know the answer.

Do what feels right, treat others how you would like to be treated.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

He seemed rational in his second response that I didn't see.

Yes he should have done all this before the deal was made but if I were you, I'd send him something small and, roll my eyes and move on.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

(06-28-2012, 12:37 PM)bostonsports1 Wrote: Your definitely not wrong, but I can see where he is coming from. He is sending either way so your risk in not sending anything is bad feedback. If I am you I would send him something to make him happy.
So basically send him an extra or I get a bad rating? So maybe its something that will become more common place now in trading? Agree to a trade and then say send me an extra or else type of thing? Don't know how I feel about that.
(06-28-2012, 12:56 PM)mkufta Wrote: I'd include a base card that says, "Surprise!"
HAHAH good idea.
(06-28-2012, 12:56 PM)warcraftin Wrote: You already know the answer.

Do what feels right, treat others how you would like to be treated.
What I feel like doing is saying
"Hey we both came up with and agreed to a trade. If you felt it was unfair you should have asked for more before we agreed to it."
But like someone else said it may lead to a negative. So now I feel like I am obligated or else. And honestly I want to be treated in a fair manner. So can I now go back and ask him to send me an extra cause I feel I was trading down?
(06-28-2012, 01:00 PM)mkufta Wrote: He seemed rational in his second response that I didn't see.

Yes he should have done all this before the deal was made but if I were you, I'd send him something small and, roll my eyes and move on.
I now feel obligated to do so but what happens if I don't send enough? Or something he doesn't like?