`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Every Sports Collectors Worst Nightmare

Every Sports Collectors Worst Nightmare
Well its been a few months but heres the after math of 20 years of collecting burned to ashes in just a matter of minutesSad Caused by a 40lb Raccoon.
I found my John Elway Throwback Jersey but that smelt like firewood. . .
[Image: burn1.jpg]
[Image: room.jpg]
Anyone asked you what item would you save if your house was on fire, Id say my sports collection. . . But Family first, 100,000 cards Autographs Jerseys and countless memorabilia. One thing I cherished was my John Elway Collection and Denver Collection. Over 5,000 different autographs and jersey rc etc. .. .

For awhile I didn't want to see a sports card again, But I finally started my hobby I love again last month and Im up to 25 Broncos againSmile slowly rebuilding that sports collection I once cherished.

RE: Every Sports Collectors Worst Nightmare
Oh man, sorry to hear of your losses! Glad everyone made it safely out. It definitely puts cardboard into perspective when something like this happens. Good luck on the rebuild!

How did a raccoon start that? That is aweful.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

The raccoon climbed a transformer and one of the power lines came down and started to shoot flames and blew the propane tanks in the back yard and boom

That really is a shame. I hate to see anyone have to go through something like that.
I (somewhat) frequently think about the quickest way to get most of my collection out of the house in case of a fire. The best thing that I have going for me in that scenario is that most of my NFL and NASCAR collections are on rolling bookshelves. Everything else would be more complicated to get out quickly.
Anyway, good luck with getting your collection back to a pleasurable size.

Man I'm so sorry, that is terrible. If I were you, I would have hunted down that raccoon and gave him to Michael vick. Too soon? Hmmmmmmm. But seriously, I'm glad to see you are able to rebuild. I don't think I would even try if that happened to me.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

I was at a lost and didnt know what to do and where to start

(06-28-2012, 12:05 AM)wildcat84015 Wrote: Well its been a few months but heres the after math of 20 years of collecting burned to ashes in just a matter of minutesSad Caused by a 40lb Raccoon.
I found my John Elway Throwback Jersey but that smelt like firewood. . .
[Image: burn1.jpg]
[Image: room.jpg]
Anyone asked you what item would you save if your house was on fire, Id say my sports collection. . . But Family first, 100,000 cards Autographs Jerseys and countless memorabilia. One thing I cherished was my John Elway Collection and Denver Collection. Over 5,000 different autographs and jersey rc etc. .. .

For awhile I didn't want to see a sports card again, But I finally started my hobby I love again last month and Im up to 25 Broncos againSmile slowly rebuilding that sports collection I once cherished.
Sorry to hear about this. I fear this very thing happening (well, maybe not the raccoon and all, but the destruction of my collection) and made sure that I included my collection in my renter's insurance policy. Won't save the collection but it would help with a rebuild if need be.

I don't have a lot in terms of what I see you collect but DM with my address and I'll see if I can get any sort of collector care package together for you.
[Image: BECKETTBanner.jpg]
Trading for: Baseball Rookie Collection NEEDS | Frank Thomas | Ben Tate | Hideo Nomo | Ken Griffey Jr. (SEA uni) | Current Texans
*Wants marked as such* *NOT CURRENTLY TRADING*

First off, Im glad your ok...

Sencond....NOT A JOHN ELWAY COLLECTION!!!!!!
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

Mann, like you said, a collectors worst nightmare. I couldn't imagine starting over. Sorry for the loss.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]